ohioC160

Hydraulics

ohioC160

I have a 1977 C-160 hydro, hydraulics work sporadically, never know when they will work or not. Changed out trans oil and new filter, I have manuals on Sundstrand transmission, but there is no troubleshooting concerning hydraulic lift. Can anyone help?

pfrederi

Assuming tractor drives normally (good power even when warmed up)  i would suspect the implement relief valve.  The spring may be broken or the ball not seating well.that would preclude generating enough pressure to operate the lift.  (See page 5 and 35 in the manual) Do you have access to apressure gauge that will go up to 1000 psi to run a pressure test???

Welcome to Red Square!!!

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ohioC160

Thank you! 

I'll consult the manuals again. Mine are repro's - best I could find on net. I do have a gauge and will try a test. Based on your comment, I'd say, assuming the pump is building proper pressure, the relief valve must be sticking open. Do you have a reliable source for parts? Dealers around here are hit and miss on parts.

• Thanks 1

pfrederi

Try downloading this copy   Check with A to Z tractor in our vendors section here.  For new parts try LJ Fluid Power

power.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, ohioC160 said:

pump is building proper pressure, the relief valve must be sticking open.

:WRS:     I would agree that if it drives well the relief valve spring is the most likely suspect.        These manuals are another set for Sundstrand. In addition to A-Z and LJ Fluid you may be able to find some parts by contacting member @daveoman1966, he works with them.

Sunstrand Hydro (part 1).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 2).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 3).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 4).pdf

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

KC9KAS

@ohioC160 :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: