slim67

Echo CS590 opinions

slim67

Do any members here have one or run one? 59 cc and 20 inch bar for 400 bucks. I have a Stihl MS250 and an Echo 330EVL plus an Echo handheld blower. I have used Echo before on the job and am happy with the ones I own. 

scott willey

we sell jonsered and echo that 590 is a nice saw for reasonable money.

• Like 2

OHRob72

I have the CS400. It has been a very reliable saw. I only use it 2-3 times a year to clean up the property. Echo makes good dependable equipment at a decent price in my opinion. 

• Like 2

slim67

That's the info I've been getting so far. I like Stihl but in that price range it's their farm/ranch saws and don't seem as well built as the Echo and for more money ( about 100 dollars). I think I've answered my own question but would like to hear others opinions.

WVHillbilly520H

I happy with my Dolmar saws but I was really eyeing the Echo Timberwolf (CS590) my Mahindra dealer sells them and without running it felt like my Dolmar 5105 in my hands, light enough and balanced and for the money I believe it should be well worth the money with a 5 year warranty to boot, Jeff.

Screenshot_20171227-193646.png

IMAG3865.jpg

emdmat1981

I've had one for about 4 years now.

Cut down 5 pretty big pines / maples during that time without a problem.

Nicest saw I've ever owned.   

ebinmaine

I have a CS490... a little smaller but. ..

A stated above,  I'm happy so far. 

slim67

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I am also considering a lightly used MS290 for a great price that would be a prime candidate for a muffler mod.

ebinmaine
Just now, slim67 said:

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I am also considering a lightly used MS290 for a great price that would be a prime candidate for a muffler mod.

Mmmmm......

That's a good saw. A very good saw. And with a muffler mod... I think I would probably lean that direction. As long as you don't mind not having a warranty.

slim67
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Mmmmm......

That's a good saw. A very good saw. And with a muffler mod... I think I would probably lean that direction. As long as you don't mind not having a warranty.

For the price he is asking I would take the chance assuming it's as good as I was told.

• Like 1

slim67

Well it was as good as the seller said. After an almost 2 hour trip and 225.00 dollars, I am now the proud owner of a lightly used MS290. My wife and I did some sightseeing nearby and visited a couple dams and a nice park system in Westerville. A cold day but a good one.

• Like 1