r1jakecfd

Christmas Day Storm with FEL

r1jakecfd

Didn’t get to swap the loader out for the 44” 2-stage snowblower and cab on the 520-H before the Christmas Day storm. I had the engine out to redo the top end (decarbon, clean and reseat valves, New gaskets, New fuel pump, tubing, filter, plugs and properly seat camshaft Welch plug) so no time to switch over before storm. It’s just another excuse to use the loader! Merry Christmas everyone🌲🎅🏻

59B5E669-9BF8-4E90-BEDB-99B11175919A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

r1jakecfd

Did I mention how excited I was when I took off the heads and the valve seats were all intact and seated solidly?!? Whew! 👍😂

Adams94

Used my loader to move some snow a couple weeks ago and played with it Saturday.  Can't wait for good weather.

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

• Like 1

oliver2-44

I'm sure glad I don't have one of those darn ol loaders. They don't seem like they would be good  for a person.......I be so stuck in the seat you'd never get me off of it

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Adams94
21 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

I'm sure glad I don't have one of those darn ok loaders. They don't seem like they would be good  for a person.......I be so stuck in the dead you'd never get me off of it

Yea you don't want one... if you do get one just call me and I will come get it out of your way lol. I haven't been on it much. Just got it mounted before Christmas 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      Looking for a good to very good condition hood. Thx
    • PWL216
      By PWL216
      About a year ago I bought a C-121 auto with the intention of using it as my go-to mower. Shortly thereafter I got a great deal on a low hour 314-8.  It ran perfect and had several attachments - it became my new go-to mower.  So, I decided to repurpose the 121 to be a front end loader. After purchasing the build plans from P.F Engineering (which are excellent), I realized I couldn’t build it for less than $2k in material. I decided to look for a used one and found a Thompson TC10 local to me, mounted on an “end of life” 1077, for $1,000.  The loader swap itself was pretty straight forward. The only modifications needed were drilling a couple of mounting holes in the tractor frame, grinding away a little of the loader top frame so the hood opened/closed and welding in a new hydraulic pump mount. I have a few things to button up still and the bucket itself needs attention but it’s fully functional. I also bought a pair of clamp-on pallet forks.

I also did a “refresh” of the 121. The total project cost is shown below. Roughly $2,300, with just the FEL itself being around $1,300. 

Tractor
      C-121 Auto $500
      Solid engine mounts $50

Front End Loader
      Johnson 10TC $1,000
      Hydraulic fluid $35
      Spare hydraulic hose $40

Ignition
      Battery $35
      Battery cables $20
      Points & Condenser $20

Fuel
      Carb & Gasket $65
      Electric fuel pump $60 (later removed)
      Air filter $10
      Fuel filter $15
      Fuel line $10
      Spark plug $5

Decals and Paint
      Decals $115
      Paint $30

Lights
      Headlight Lens $45
      LED Headlights $25
      Rear lights $25

Misc $200

• Truckedup1
      By Truckedup1
      I have a very recently restored 1989 wheel horse 520-HC tractor with 60” deck. Family owned for over 10 years but now it’s time for another project. Please contact me with any questions I have the original 60” deck but it was rough so I sourced the current deck off this site, it really is in excellent condition for not being restored.

• jleitschaft
      By jleitschaft
      Hello All,
            New to the group and looking for advice. My father was a devoted wheel horse enthusiast for many years. He only cut grass with a wheel horse tractor (rear discharge deck) pulling a Parker lawn sweeper. We have a lot of property and it took him a while but he was retired and loved being on the wheel horse. When he got sick, I had to take over all the lawn maintenance. All of our family lives close on the same road. At the time, I was responsible for maintaining 7 properties plus my fulltime job. Using the wheel horse was not an option for me so I bought a commercial zero turn mower.  Unfortunately, in 2017 my father passed away. I have all his tractors and it has been hard for me to think about what to do with them. He had 6 wheel horse tractors total. 3 tractors we used for cutting grass and 3 tractors are show pieces that have never cut a blade of grass. I have a few guys that have been asking me for years to sell them but I am not sure if I’m ready. I am turning to the group because I am lost at what I even have. Its my belief that the tractors are rare and the conditions are mint. If anyone would be willing to express their opinion and provide feedback I would be grateful.
      Wheel horse 420 LSE (shows 7.5 hr)
      Wheel horse 520 hydro (shows 92 hr)
      Wheel horse classic GT (shows 26 hr)     

• lodestonefarm
      By lodestonefarm
      Selling my trusty WH520H.  ~880 hours (currently used for moving snow when needed so hours may rise) very solid machine, strong and hardworking.  20HP Onan, hydro transmission and hydraulic lift.  Has Matt's foot-pedal conversion for forward/reverse.  Included in the sale is a tall-chute snow blower and 60" mowing deck.  The blower is in excellent condition and is on the tractor currently.  The mowing deck has been a workhorse over the years.  No holes but could use some TLC, probably needs new spindles at some point and could use a couple spots touched up with welder also does NOT have any pulley covers/protectors (see photo).  Tractor has been an incredible tool, very solid and dependable and I'm certainly going to miss her when she's gone.   

Recent maintenance: replaced the plugs this summer, fluids as needed (hydro has about 100 hours on fluid/filter; oil was done in the spring and has about 25 hours on it).  Battery is about 3 years old as are the tires, Terra Trac tires on the rear and turfs on the front.  The seat (with arm rests) isn't in great shape.  I've got a cover for the seat, never used.  It's never really bothered me but new seat cover is included in sale as are 4 hub caps, chains for the rear tires, and some misc spare parts (see photos).  

I've owed this machine about 8 year and put ~350 hours on her.  She's not a show piece but could be restored.  Sheet metal is generally in shape, no rust however the hood does have a couple dings in it.  

I'm only selling because I'm trying to help my son get a small lawn care business started and looking to move to a zero-turn.  The 60" deck is too large for our trailer, the mowing deck lacks pulley safety shields, and we'd like something that mows faster.  My only complaint with this machine is the top-speed (which isn't great when comparing to today's machines) otherwise she's a beast.  They don't make them like this anymore.