mikeeyre74

520H equivalent in JD?

pfrederi

Can't help with that as it came with teh tractor.  It doesn't hold nearly as much as the plastic ones.

Sarge

I think the larger plastic ones on the C-160 are 7qts or close to that - almost 2 gallons . They are a lot better than the smaller metal tanks that only hold 5qts - even the old 1277's tired engine will empty it quickly . I like the big tank on the D and mine has the smaller of the two - around 5.5gal . The 16hp K341 is great , I just wish it had an oil pump for hill work - that's where the K482/532 shines but they are huge and really heavy . Running the C-160 with a single stage blower pulling hard on that governor will empty the tank in a hurry - the twin cylinder engines seem a lot more efficient in use of fuel , but I sure like the snarl of that big single cylinder engine . The D , since I put the stacks on it can really bark when it hits a hard load on the blade - getting hard on the ears if I push it too much but it doesn't stop shoving the snow , it's more like a bulldozer but no real finesse . One thing I admired about the JD 455 - it would run forever on a tank of fuel and do an incredible amount of work - but that's the beauty of a diesel .

Intent obsolescence is how the industry sells new equipment - I get that , but they've gone way too far with it now .

Sarge

• Like 1