PeacemakerJack

Favorite Christmas Presents—2017

PeacemakerJack

Squonk—:ROTF:Is that a double toaster I see on top of the fridge? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Jim—I’m looking forward to paging through that picture book, that sounds like a super cool present.  You guys had a big year doing a lot of different shows including your own plow day.  What a sweet way of documenting it for future posterity:handgestures-thumbupright: way to go Cindy!!!

• Like 2

oliver2-44

image.jpeg.f765c3770dc249c66501ced82ce7a608.jpeg

image.jpeg.897e685acd465d860eb9a1c451776247.jpeg

My best present was the excitement and determination of my 20 month old grandson learning to unwrap presents himself.

image.jpeg.912cc3b19b0874dafeaa08e80feef4ac.jpeg

I also got a new set of AG tires for my Suburban project .  My son snuck my rims out and had them mounted with Chrome  valve stems

image.jpeg

• Like 9

Sarge

Had a ball with our grandkids (4) and time spent with my wife's huge family . Got some great wool socks as a surprise and some cash from various folks - ordering a new welder tomorrow when AHP opens up....lol . Today I have to finish trying to get my wife's present as they ran out quickly - Ferrari F1 team racing shirt with Sebastian Vettel's #5....the genuine factory ones disappear fast and I missed it , again . Would have never thought years ago she'd become such a huge F1 fan , can't wait for the upcoming season - it's Ferrari's turn this year !

Sarge

• Like 3

oliver2-44

@Sarge the circuit of the Americas F1 track is only an hour from me, come see me

Sarge

I've been tempted to head down there one of these years - probably have to wait until I retire as that's the busiest part of our work season - ugh . Nothing gets in the way of us watching the races - even the daughter and her kids know better on F1 weekends....lol .

Have you made the trip yet ? I hear the ticket prices aren't exactly , uh , cheap....

Sarge

953 nut
14 hours ago, WHX12 said:

This was nice tho... a book I think she made at Walgreens of pics of our summer and all the tractor shows we attended .

Great keepsake, most of us never print the pictures we take.

• Like 2

WHX??
5 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

double toaster I see on top of the fridge?

Good eye Josh ...Yah I moonlight as a small appliance repairman! :lol:

4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

most of us never print the pictures we take.

I remind her of that constantly. Even got her a digital photo frame and the PC is set up for a photo frame.. oh well I gave up trying! :)

• Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

Today was clean up day while mom is working and I’m staying inside since we are in the middle of a framing project:occasion-snowman:

Since we finished cleaning up, we now get to assemble LEGO’s! 

1ABED612-262B-46D5-92BE-8CF189DD486D.thumb.jpeg.a6a1d14aead699685942ae2da61f0c3d.jpeg

pretty sure that you never get too old to play LEGO’s with your kids/grandkids!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Achto
21 hours ago, WHX12 said:

But here"s the real  deal .... I got her a new TV cause the old one was a POS or so I told her ....guess where the old one went!! :lol: Ain't as stupid as I look eh fellas?!?!?

20171225_163016.jpg

Football on the TV, beer in the fridge... you're never gonna get anything done in the shop that way.:angry-nono::lol:

• Haha 7

Rp.wh

Well guys i dont want to brang on my gifts but my wifes the best wife around... i got a double bay craftsman tool box,  3000 psi power washer and my dad @WHX12 had a hand in this next one sense i blew my raider up at his plow day my wife realized we needed a new work horse around while the motor was getting worked over but she bought me a 416 h from @WHX12with a stage one blower and cab also came with a vaccum bagger, couldnt be more happier she definitely out did me on the presents this year...best part i got to just be with my wife and kids watching there faces glow with excitement and watching my wife graduate collage.ill post pic of others after they are put together.

20171209_165106.jpg

Edited by Rp.wh
  • Excellent 6

PeacemakerJack

That is great news all around Ryan!  Especially the part about your wife’s graduation from college.  A huge milestone that she worked hard to achieve!  Please give her congrats from me and the rest of the Stertz tribe! 

I love that snow mover too, what a sweet machine. 

• Like 3

Shynon
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, WHX12 said:

But here"s the real  deal .... I got her a new TV cause the old one was a POS or so I told her ....guess where the old one went!! :lol: Ain't as stupid as I look eh fellas?!?!?

20171225_163016.jpg

Edited yesterday at 09:26 PM by WHX12

So when you gonna replace that drafty picture window on the house:ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

rmaynard
On 12/25/2017 at 3:52 PM, prondzy said:

And a little xmas bonus at work (thanks to my generous boss) allowed me to do this to the attic of my garage on Saturday20171223_121223.jpg.c5ec4199f65e90ad980d8888d6a3745b.jpg

Fluffy blown in fiberglass insulation at a value of R40. Its been a great year and i have to count my blessings

On 12/25/2017 at 3:56 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-goodpost: Then you can work on those :wh: year round :woohoo:

• Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

:ROTF:just watched that the other night! Classic.  So many dandy one liners in that film...

”Worse, how could it get any worse Ellen. We’re at the threshold of hell!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

dells68

Just saw this thread.  Wow everybody got some great gifts!  I made out pretty good too. Just before Christmas, my dad got the back tire fixed on my 52 8N (popped the tube doing a hay ride for school back in Oct and was losing fluid.  He got me two new 11.2x24 tires for the back of my little Deere loader (I know blasphemy) that I use for farm chores and bush hogging.  He gave me a some $ too.  Awesome presents!  I also got some new slacks for work, pjs, and a new welding helmet from the wife.  Great Christmas!  Right now, I'm working on her Christmas present - I'm building her an entertainment center to cover the ugly built in shelves in our living room.  Got a long way to go.  And I think the best gift I could have gotten was the excitement Emory has had over his new tractor!

IMG_6691.JPG

IMG_6749.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost: I think most of us that have been aware of RoadRunner’s build for Emory followed that thread with total interest andanticipation.  That will be one of those memorable moments that will be remembered for a lifetime by both of you.  

However, looks like you received some other really cool and practical items.  I love the entertainment center project.  You should start and non tractor related thread on that build and tag me in it. As a carpenter and contractor, I’d love to follow the progress on it.  I’m always looking for new gadgets and ideas!  It’s looking good so far and the wife will love it. Apparently I’m going to be doing a main bath refurbish in the very near future now that my kids broke the shower curtain rod.  Kelli says, “this would be a good time to ‘freshen that up a little’ since it is about 17 years old!”  :handgestures-salute:

Thanks for sharing...

• Like 3

953 nut
2 hours ago, dells68 said:

I used to make and sell wooden toys at craft shows

:text-coolphotos:        Wow, those toys are nice! you have talent all right, just need to get back in the swing of things.       :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-happynewyear:

• Like 3

oliver2-44
On December 26, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Sarge said:

I've been tempted to head down there one of these years - probably have to wait until I retire as that's the busiest part of our work season - ugh . Nothing gets in the way of us watching the races - even the daughter and her kids know better on F1 weekends....lol .

Have you made the trip yet ? I hear the ticket prices aren't exactly , uh , cheap....

Sarge

@Sarge

Im not a big race fan but.....my oldest son got his 1st engineering job with a large Audio/Video company and worked on the track A/V design installation and checkout. Then had to be there 16hr days as tech support during the races. And some other big events He snuck me into the A/V equivalent room a few times. I could watch every camera not just the one on TV.  But there were no windows to see it live  He left the company for a year and they wooed him back to be the lead engineer on the Mexico F1 track A/V system. Now he goes to Mexico City every year to support the race there. But he also negotiated working from home 4 days a week 

come me see me in Texas when you retire

• Like 1

19richie66

Well I got a couple of gift cards, the usual socks. Best thing I got was my mom had come down from NC for the weekend. She stayed with us so I got to spend time with her. My son made my aluminum fuel tank for the GT14 and that was awesome. Can't ever sell the tractor now😁. Just was nice being around family. @PeacemakerJack I got "American Sniper " dvd also, lol. I did trade a guy my red dot sight for his variable scope so I guess that could be my Christmas present to myself. My eyes thank me. Hope everyone has a great 2018!

• Like 3

Sarge
16 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

@Sarge

Im not a big race fan but.....my oldest son got his 1st engineering job with a large Audio/Video company and worked on the track A/V design installation and checkout. Then had to be there 16hr days as tech support during the races. And some other big events He snuck me into the A/V equivalent room a few times. I could watch every camera not just the one on TV.  But there were no windows to see it live  He left the company for a year and they wooed him back to be the lead engineer on the Mexico F1 track A/V system. Now he goes to Mexico City every year to support the race there. But he also negotiated working from home 4 days a week 

come me see me in Texas when you retire

That is so cool - doing tech work for anything associated with the Formula One Group is an amazing accomplishment , they do not take anything lightly - especially the technical side of things . Mexico has turned into one of my favorite tracks to watch along with some of the classics - I'd just about kill to go see that race in person since it's so unique . Spa is my personal favorite - talk about a wild ride...

Circuit of the Americas is a pretty interesting track and I hear quite deceiving with the elevation changes . Not a fan of the dumb spectacle they put on last year - I hope that part changes back to a more traditional F1 race , what they did last year was too much like "NASCAR" or "WWF" venues , it really irritated true fans of F1 and the FIA took a lot of flak for it .

Kudos to your son , great job .

Sarge