Goldann520

96 hood decal mystery

Goldann520

Hi, I am new to the forum, having just acquired a 96 520h anniversary model for $200 here in nc. Sat outside for 4 years unfortunately and needs attention. My question is this. Why are the hood and rear seatpan decals red when they should be gold? See photos. Model and serial # check out to 96 on seat pan. Thanks Terry. Hood ornament is gold and the 1 hubcap on it is gold horse logo. Sorry not much help on the back but is same as hood. Also side panels in gold. Thanks again

20171215_093510.jpg

20171215_093516.jpg

20171215_093510.jpg

20171215_093516.jpg

• Like 1

Goldann520

Ya I plan to buy this exact kit when I paint it, but wondering why red now? Don't see Sun fading it to red, but Sun is intense down here.  Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Goldann520 can't answer the question about the decal , is the 520 parked in front of an Olds? Also :text-welcomeconfetti:

Tuneup

Olds? Looks like a Monte Carlo to me. 1972? Swivel bucket seats?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:                 I had a '71 with the small block 400.

• Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Looks like a hood a seat pan swap, I have had my Anniversary 520H since new ,and a '95 that sat out for many moons that I got 2 years agohere's a few pics for reference, @elcamino/wheelhorse, definitely first gen Monte Carlo, Jeff.

100_0461.JPG

IMAG3102.jpg

• Like 1

Goldann520
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Looks like a hood a seat pan swap, I have had my Anniversary 520H since new ,and a '95 that sat out for many moons that I got 2 years agohere's a few pics for reference, @elcamino/wheelhorse, definitely first gen Monte Carlo, Jeff.

100_0461.JPG

IMAG3102.jpg

Vinylguy

The gold ink faded. The tractors paint condition indicates years of exposure to the elements.  The gold ink of that era was not resistant to long term UV exposure. 

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:                 I had a '71 with the small block 400.

What about a '78 'BU with a little 400 SB? 

IMAG3311.jpg

IMAG0589.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG3447.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Goldann520

Thanks hillbilly, the seatpan has the model# 73502 and ser.# 6901460 on it! Original I'm sure. Hood has the gold horse logo in it. Hence the mystery@

SWEET!!!!!!! I'M JEALOUS !

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

My Anniversary ser# 6900619, my dealer said it was delivered in '97 and I bought it March of '98 when the xi series was rolling In, but with the mystery maybe with that higher serial number the factory ran out of "Gold" hood and fender decals but had the rest ,stranger things have happened, Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

Goldann520

Ya it's a headscratcher for sure. Does anyone know how many produced that year. Not like they're rare. 97 had silver graphics. I don't know.  It's a 72 base monte and no swivels, they came in 73 I  believe. In front of that is a 86 ss too

Edited by Goldann520
Spelling
  • Like 3

ACman

Alright guys we’re going to have to start a Chevy A/G body section with all this talk. I have to wipe the drool off my screen :lol: and yes swivel buckets came in 1973. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Goldann520

Also I'm a first time wh buyer. JD man my whole life  (sorry) grew up with 'em on the farm in NORTHERN new york. Own a 212, 214, and a 317. Keeping the 520h cause it's equivalent of a 400 series JD and I've always liked wh.

Have I mentioned I'm a Chevy guy?

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

@ACman, sorry hillbilly rambling, I couldn't help myself, and yes I'll get around to posting my build/history with this unruly ride, also I had '69 short bed C10 with the Laguna swivel seats the P.O. bolted in it but that's another story I'll get back on Goldann520's topic now, Jeff.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H What no pictures of the short bed. @Goldann520 We need pictures of the Chebies , I have a 1984 El Camino SS Choo Choo. We like horses and cars. Also was in service with the had old Chevy II he build with the swivel seats and hold bunch of goodies under hood.  That thing would fly.

• Like 3

ACman

@Goldann520 I guess I can let the green things slide by.....the Monte’s and the :wh: are a free pass :ychain: !

@WVHillbilly520H there’s four things that get my blood pumping....Big Orange tractors, Smaller Red :wh:tractors, GM A/G bodies and C10 pickups . My first car was  67 Chevelle, second was a 82 Grand Prix(bucket seat counsel) with a built 400sbc and I still have my 84C10 short box . 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Goldann520

Hey like I tell my girl, I'd rather you be mad at me than tell you a lie. Wow we've really gotten off base here!

20171105_134435.jpg

20171105_134449.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

And for future reference - Always watch what is in the background of your pictures...These guys don't miss a thing!!!

:techie-reference:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 4

Goldann520

Amen to that! Will try an be more careful in the future. Funny how most of us are into similar things.

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

I noticed the decal kit had red and gold decals...maybe the gold went on the sides and the red went on the back of the seat pan ¥

Goldann520

The second from the bottom decal is the rear seat pan decal. Gold "wheel horse" script.

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Goldann520 Like the 86 is the light blue metallic ?

Horse Newbie

Wonder why there's one red and one gold "wheel horse" decal ? ...The small ones to the left, middle of panel.