clueless

AGRI-FAB landscape rake?

clueless

Not sure if this belongs here,but here it goes. Looking to buy a landscape rake in the next few months. The 48" agri-fab cost three times less than the 48" york rake. I'd love to have the york, but probably over kill, any one use the agri-fab?

• Like 1

953 nut

You will probably find that the price difference is justified (built like a tank), but if you will only be using it occasionally the Agri Fab will be fine. 

• Like 2

squonk

I have had 3 of the pull behind "York" rakes. These are the heavy rakes with the little wheels, trailer hitch attaching, (no 3 pt.) rake pivots and tilts and has a drop down scraper bar. These are way over built. If you need to use one once in a Cleveland Brown Super Bowl year the Agrifab is fine. 

The reason I have had 3 of them is I know how desirable they are and can usually double my money in a few hrs. on CL. Last one I got I was helping my B-I-L load up a MTD he bought and I saw it in the bushes. :)

• Like 5

WVHillbilly520H

The agri-fab (mine is Craftsman branded) is fine for occasional yard & garden and stone driveway maintaince, I have one and it done well for me, I tweaked the "C" channel tooth frame trying to push leaves into a pile on a rough spot backwards instead of pulling it turning it around so my bad not the implement, Jeff.

IMAG3114.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Jeff , explain in Redneck English , did you flip the tines backwards to push leaves?

hondagod64

Nice set-up and nice tractor

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
11 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Jeff , explain in Redneck English , did you flip the tines backwards to push leaves?

Jim, just like the pic I dropped the rake and stabbed the horse in reverse and pushed the darn pile backwards into the woods, Now if you loosen the pivot bolt up to drop down past the hitch brace the tines can be reversed 180° to actually push rather than pull, Jeff.

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H Thanks gives me something to think about. Will print this and put it in the notebook . When you brain works like mine you have to print stuff.

• Thanks 1