Big_Red_Fred

3 Point Hitch

Big_Red_Fred

Since a Question was posted on a 3 point Hitch , I'm Told if i can find all the correct Pieces , that a GT14 3 point will fit on the 1054 Farmer Alex has ? How about it 953 ? Do i use The Cable on the Sleeve Hitch or should it be done a Different way ? BRF

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I think the 3pt uses a separate hydraulic cylinder to raise/lower :confusion-confused:, Jeff.

• Like 2

Adams94
28 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I think the 3pt uses a separate hydraulic cylinder to raise/lower :confusion-confused:, Jeff.

You are correct!

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred Use some of your pocket money buy a 3 pt hitch with a tractor attached. :ROTF::ROTF:

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

953 nut
10 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

I'm Told if i can find all the correct Pieces , that a GT14 3 point will fit on the 1054

I have been told lots of thing that are not quite true, this being one of them. There was a thread on here a few years back (which I attached to the other 3 point post) that did a wonderful job of showing a 1054 Category 0 three point hitch. Unfortunately the Photo Bucket tipped over and dumped all his drawings and photos. The drawings were done on CAD and were outstanding.

If you wanted to put a GT-14 three point set up on a 1054 there would be several obstacles to overcome. The hydraulic cylinder on the GT-14 is located higher and it delivers power to the lift by way of a solid link so you have lift and down pressure. This bat would pass through the area occupied by the gas tank. The cylinder could be relocated to the lift and new hoses made for that. The top link pivot point would occupy the area where the tool box is located so the would need to be removed. Then a lot of structure would need to be added to support the whole assembly including the rocker shaft that lifts the arms.

Can it be done, yes! Is it as simple as you have been told, not by a long shot.

10 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Some GT-14s have a separate lift cylinder, but most use the solid link that runs under the seat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

Turns out I had saved some of the post on building a 3 point hitch. Hope the pictures and drawings transferred OK.

category 0 3 point hitch for my 953.pdf

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred
7 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Turns out I had saved some of the post on building a 3 point hitch. Hope the pictures and drawings transferred OK.

category 0 3 point hitch for my 953.pdf

Thanks Friend, I may just buy 1 of the 3 GT14's now, I'm Sure Alex wouldnt mind another Horse to Gleam at ? And Elcamino too LOL

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
23 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Big_Red_Fred Use some of your pocket money buy a 3 pt hitch with a tractor attached. :ROTF::ROTF:

Hey Brother ! I expect a New Forum From YOU ( Jim ) on How many days till Big Show AND how Many Days till the BIG RED FRED INVASION !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLe Budd Ericj will be Dragn the Ole BRF out the gate calln me a Sum BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred Only a guy from the south or someone who lived there for a while say sum BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB, do you say You all or youse  ? Don't worry a count down clock already exists for the Big Show  and Eric may have help dragging you. Watch out what you wish for.

• Haha 1

953 nut
5 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You all

It is NOT "You All"!

Image result for y'all

:ychain:

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@953 nut You know my hearing aids have not helped my typing. I am starting to talk like @squonk .:ROTF:

• Haha 3

squonk

Y'all got some splainin to do! :lol:

• Haha 4

Big_Red_Fred
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Big_Red_Fred Only a guy from the south or someone who lived there for a while say sum BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB, do you say You all or youse  ? Don't worry a count down clock already exists for the Big Show  and Eric may have help dragging you. Watch out what you wish for.

Well, i have News for you all ! The Woman is bringn BRF on a Leash ! A Choker Collar, be Yankin my Southern Yankee head off at the Show, im to be on best Behavior im Told, where is my Chimy Chonga flipper

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

:angry-nono:

5a3c52ee0459f_Inkedimageproxy(2)_LI.jpg.03c9b674f234881e81aab06a5f9c1b96.jpg

• Haha 3

Big_Red_Fred
18 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:angry-nono:

5a3c52ee0459f_Inkedimageproxy(2)_LI.jpg.03c9b674f234881e81aab06a5f9c1b96.jpg

LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred

The Clark Forklift sold so here comes a GT14 with a Fel hahahaha, more like 2 Pedal tractors for 2 of my Grandkids, if theyre green, ill paint them RED Ya'all

• Like 1