mikeeyre74

What's this plow?

mikeeyre74

I know it’s a terrible picture, but I saw out of the corner of my eye and snapped a picture of it… I also see a grader blade on the ground in front of it, so I assume that it is a C series piece. It  just looks really long, and through the binoculars that I had, looks like has a huge spring attached to it and some kind of plate which would be hanging off the right-hand side… Any idea? 

What's that plow?

953 nut

Snow plow is for 1967 or later "long frame". The plate welded to the frame would be used to move the blade angle lever out past the running boards. The spring probably takes the place of a lift link.

The grader blade appears to be a 40" mid mount grader made from 1969 - 1973.

566567f2b94b9_40inchGrader.thumb.jpg.4ff

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 5

KC9KAS

And that poor Gold Wing sitting out in the weather...someone should be ashamed of themselves for treating motorcycles and Wheel Horse attachments like that!

• Like 8

mikeeyre74

I intend to rescue the wheel horse pieces, anyway..

I have one of those grader blades, so I am familiar with that, I just didn’t understand with that huge spring and the weird plate off to the side of the plow frame was for. Figured maybe it was something unique or for a different model or something? 

roadapples

It goes on that scooter..:ychain:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, mikeeyre74 said:

huge spring and the weird plate off to the side of the plow frame was for.

3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The plate welded to the frame would be used to move the blade angle lever out past the running boards. The spring probably takes the place of a lift link

gwest_ca

The plow could be one of these for the D-Series Automatics or C-195 Auto. Click on the pictures.

Garry

mikeeyre74

Well now! It’s a tough call via the pictures, but you might be on to something there. I can see the spring assembly in the middle there plain as day in the manual you listed, and the plate on the side as well. I'll have to get back over that way to check it out. 

Im somewhat familiar with D series machines, and understand that have take different attachments, but im not familiar with 195s. Can they use both? Because that sure looks like the same mid mount grader that I have. I’d have figured the D series grader would be different. There certainly ain’t no big D series hiding out in the yard here in plain sight, I can say...

gwest_ca

Don't see a grader listed for the C-195 except for 1983 but suspect that is a mistake. The one listed is the one for the regular C-Series. No listing for 1982 or 1984.

These were specific for the D-Series Auto models.

Even if you can't use it would make good trading material.

Garry

Sarge

That's definitely a D series blade frame - either a 54" or 56" . Gauging from the length of the known bike it almost looks like a larger grader blade than a 40" , hard to tell from the pic . Be prepared for some pain if you can score that blade - it weighs about as much as a lawn ranger complete . Being stored in the weather standing upright is going to require a lot of Kroil....and maybe a torch .

Sarge

• Like 1

mikeeyre74

Do I understand correctly that this can  be used with a 520 with the swept forward axle? It’s sort of has the built-in extra length already there? 

mikeeyre74
Closer up..

went to knock on the door to inquire and you have to walk right past it. Snapped a shot, but they weren’t home. I’ll try back later. I didn’t see any horses on the property while I was there tho... but there was a 48” deck on the back side of the joint for a 195 or a D series. Curious... I’ll touch base with them later. 

• Like 2

rjg854

I see it has double trip springs, so is that a wider blade for a D-series :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Like 1