Big_Red_Fred

Its not a WH, Lend BRF your thoughts

Big_Red_Fred

I was driving around after work and came across a Old tractor with a Cool looking Hood, i did'nt have my good cell with me, ( Sorry ED ) so you all will have to google it ! Its a Old Speedx 1030 for sale, High Tire with a pull behind cart. Hey Elcamino Jim & 953 Richard and all the rest of my Buddies, send me your thoughts ? I thought it was Cool, warming up here in the North

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:              If you are going to venture out of the :wh: family that would be a nice one.

Image result for speedex 1030

• Like 6

Big_Red_Fred
12 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:              If you are going to venture out of the :wh: family that would be a nice one.

Image result for speedex 1030

I know i cant bring to The Big Show, but its still American Made, he emailed me a pic, its not bad for 400, no impliments, his Grand Kids were not the Happiest hahahaIMG_07211.jpg.cfdd79b59049374d620b33b758b9ba48.jpg

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

I don't know much about a Speedex but I understand they were nice tractors. Instead of riding around liking at this time of year, you best be shopping for Christmas presents for your grand babies and she who must be obeyed . 

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

Jim, were gonna be buddies ! Yep the woman was spending the House money, but i have a cookie jar:woohoo::occasion-xmas::bow-blue:

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Only thing in my cookie jar is crumbs. I have not done the grocery shopping ( part of my house husband duties ) .

There was a thread last spring about a Speedex that was for sale. You may want to try to find it.

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred
17 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Only thing in my cookie jar is crumbs. I have not done the grocery shopping ( part of my house husband duties ) .

There was a thread last spring about a Speedex that was for sale. You may want to try to find it.

I was just looking, seem parts are Scares, not many around Like :wh: ! But them Horses are getting harder to find to, Be glad i dont live next door, we za be driving all over looking for Survivors hahaha

• Like 1

roadapples

Just happen to have one. S19

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred
8 hours ago, roadapples said:

Just happen to have one. S19

Sorta your way in East Berlin its located

PeacemakerJack

Reading the book “Straight from the Horses mouth” wasn’t the Speedex tractor brand owned by Elmer’s brother Harold?  If so, it would be a cousin to the :wh: GT’s.  

:confusion-confused:

• Like 5

JC 1965

I like it .   :twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

roadapples
3 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Reading the book “Straight from the Horses mouth” wasn’t the Speedex tractor brand owned by Elmer’s brother Harold?  If so, it would be a cousin to the :wh: GT’s.  

Yes, Elmer's brother built Speedex.. Horsey cousin's :)

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

I like the tractor!  It is another piece of GT history and a cool vehicle to own.:clap:

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

Speedex's are fun to mess with too! The later models like to one you pictured are beasts and would make a good addition to anyone's collection. I have a speedex as well and they are fun and a little different too! 

20150609_201300.jpg.bb052f3d3502dd07b143de3490bcfb21.jpg20150609_201323.jpg.82056b366aad61b02c7a354a44d7b88d.jpg

• Like 8

Big_Red_Fred

I find it Unique ! I know im not a Horse Pro like most of you, but i think it would be a Nice addition to Alex's Stable, he liked it to which is a Great feeling

Is or would a Speedex be outlawed at THe Big Show ?

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Always known it to be an all Wheel-Horse specific show. 

Pretty sure, I remember seeing them give the boot...   :blink:

to a little old lady riding one of them green things around the grounds there. 

:angry-nono:  Don't be that gal BRF. 

Image result for old lady on a tractor

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

c-series don

I remember the lady getting the boot. She was kindly asked to leave it in the parking lot. Let's remember that it is a Wheel Horse show period. That's one of the things that makes it special. Have to keep it that way or else next thing you know someone will ride in there with a crapsman!!!!😳

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Related image

Image result for speak no evil smiley

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred

AS Fast as it showed up in Pa, its was sold in a Day ! Not by my hands or money ! I looked as far as Ohio, Hardly any Speedex around ! To me its a High Collector item, i'm thinking more then any make ! Oh well, My Son has a nice Herd, & Proud of them :wh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred

Hey Craig @AMC RULES ! I have a Solution to the Big ShowIMG_07221.jpg.281c3f3d2570d6c8b49894d3b88b8225.jpg

• Haha 2

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

AS Fast as it showed up in Pa, its was sold in a Day ! Not by my hands or money ! I looked as far as Ohio, Hardly any Speedex around ! 

Good deals often go just that quickly...I’ve called on tractors within minutes of them being posted on various sites and they already had someone coming to look at them.  If you find the right fit, you have to be ready to pounce.  Often the best deals show up when you aren’t expecting it...Sorry you didn’t get this one Fred but you guys do have an awesome stable of :wh: for sure.

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

Still 3 GT14's in area for sale, 1 with a FEL in Ohio, gota wait sum with Holidays, Many Months ago i took a Challenge at church, i help a Few Familys with their daily struggles, plus my own, so theres weeks im a little lite in the Wallet, But its not my Money im told, I Reckon that can be argued with sum, I give what i can afford. @PeacemakerJack 

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

That is awesome Fred!  It’s a principle from the Bible, “...that he may have to give to him that needeth...”. It’s needed year round but the gifts are especially felt at this time of year.  I commend you sir. Keep up the good work.  Tractors come and go but an investment in a human being can last a lifetime!

• Like 2

slim67
On 12/18/2017 at 8:01 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

They do share a common lineage. 

GlenPettit

Elmer Ponds brother Harold is the one that was building the Speedex two-wheel tractors in Ravenna, Ohio.  Harold expanded the Shaw tractors by sending truckloads of parts to Elmer to assemble and sell from his own garage.  In '46 Cecil and his father Elmer were not happy with the quality of the parts coming in, alignment, etc. which took a lot of labor to correct, and felt that they could build a much better 4-wheel tractor.  So they did, the Pond 4-wheeled tractor, "Ride-away Senior".    In the 50's, Cecil Ponds uncle, Harold Pond, objected to the use of the Pond name for the tractors, so in about '55 is when the name Wheel Horse started being used on the new smaller Ride-Away Juniors.

A "must read" book for all of us . . . 

Chapter 1, "Straight from the Horses Mouth . . . the Wheel Horse story"  book,  by Michael Martino  

(see the Venders section here:   http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/123-wheelhorsestory/)

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4