seven

Runs then dies

seven

Have a c160 runs for like 5 seconds then dies won't start again till I wait half hour then does the same thing?

AMC RULES

Ever cleaned the fuel delivery system?  :scratchead:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Including all new gas with Seafoam and a new fuel filter...

I would also check / clean / replace plug while I was at it...

:twocents-02cents:

lynnmor

Might be getting severely flooded.  As a quick test, try pouring a teaspoon of gasoline down the carburetor and then immediately try starting it.  If it starts and runs a few seconds, you likely have a fuel delivery problem like a plugged carburetor.  If there is no response, likely an ignition issue or the excess gas only added to a flooding problem.  Report back and please be careful with that gasoline.

daveoman1966

Replace the condensor...it is next to the coil.  They often fail from heat ...and age.    

Duramax7man7

I had a generac generator that was doing this a few years ago. Turned out to be a dirty carb which I had to pull apart and clean like 3-4 times in a row to get everything that kept loosening up. Finally got it running fine after that. 

seven

Okay waited like 3 hours this time it started up with lots of choke and stayed running for really long time thought  it was fixed. Then

All of a sudden  it died and I tried choking it rite as It died. Waited for like a minute  and it doesnt even fire.?

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, seven said:

Okay waited like 3 hours this time it started up with lots of choke and stayed running for really long time thought  it was fixed. Then

All of a sudden  it died and I tried choking it rite as It died. Waited for like a minute  and it doesnt even fire.?

"It doesn't even fire".    Does that mean there is no fire at the plug or that the engine does not start?     

The next time it doesn't start, pull the plug and check for fire at the plug.  Then you will know if you have a electrical problem or a fuel delivery problem or both.

You must fix the electrical before attacking the fuel problem.

• Like 1

skrusins

Is the gas valve opened all the way? While it is running spray WD40 in the throat of the carb

if it keeps running it's looking for gas. If no spark check clean and regap the points.