Adams94

New to me loader

c-series don

I've been thinking about this. Taking the loader on and off is not a 5 minute job. You want the C-195 for gardening and the 520-8 for mowing. I really think that the 520 with the heavy duty front axle and gear reduction steering would make an awesome loader tractor.Clearly you are going to need another Wheel Horse!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Adams94
27 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I've been thinking about this. Taking the loader on and off is not a 5 minute job. You want the C-195 for gardening and the 520-8 for mowing. I really think that the 520 with the heavy duty front axle and gear reduction steering would make an awesome loader tractor.Clearly you are going to need another Wheel Horse!!!! 

Well you are correct but the toy budget will not allow that yet.  I'm thinking the c195 for loader then when I want to do garden stuff I can take off just the loader and leave the subframe. Be a quicker on off time, and I wouldn't need to take off sub frame since I would just be using 3 point, my 520-8 does not have gear reduction steering, but dads 520h does lol:think:

Edited by Adams94
  • Like 1

MalMac

I was wondering if the front bracket that bolts to the frame that holds the two side support bars will work with the black hood style of the 195. That hood protrudes a lot farther forward of the pivot than the old C series it was designed for. The hood from the 300,400 and 500 series works just fine. It’s that black hood that would be of concern. 

• Like 1

Adams94
10 hours ago, MalMac said:

I was wondering if the front bracket that bolts to the frame that holds the two side support bars will work with the black hood style of the 195. That hood protrudes a lot farther forward of the pivot than the old C series it was designed for. The hood from the 300,400 and 500 series works just fine. It’s that black hood that would be of concern. 

Yea I'm not sure, I would think so.  Since I have my snow blade on the c195 and my 520-8 is just sitting I think I'm going to try and out the loader on it soon because I'm anxious to get it on something!

MalMac

It's just my personnel preference, I like the 8 speed for the loader over the hydro. I have had it on both. Currently it's on a 414-8 with the 520 front end with steering reduction. Again it's just my personnel preference. 

• Like 2

Adams94
10 hours ago, MalMac said:

It's just my personnel preference, I like the 8 speed for the loader over the hydro. I have had it on both. Currently it's on a 414-8 with the 520 front end with steering reduction. Again it's just my personnel preference. 

My c195 has a foot control for the hydro, I think that would be handy, if no foot control then might as well go 8speed. I agree.  I'm hoping to maybe work on mounting it this weekend