Jump to content
PETIT

CHARGER 12 AUTOMATIC

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,
can you help me please, I added a hydraulic cylinder on my WHEEL HORSE CHARGER 12 AUTOMATIC and it lacks oil in the pump under the seat. I unscrewed the cap above and I completed the oil by turning the pulley by hand to rotate at the same time as the filling but I do not know at which level I stop, there is no gauge on this pump. Do you have a technical manual for this machine?
Best regards,
Arnaud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a spout with a dipstick under seat. The addition of the lift cylinder should not make too much of a difference in the oil level. Most likely it is also transmission fluid.

Go into the Manuals section and look for the manual for your model. Knowing what year it is will help. Below is link for a 72.

 

 

Edited by formariz
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for this answer, yes it is not the oil of the pond but the oil of transmission. there is no gauge or level on this pump.
The model of the tractor is 1-0491 series 144702 gearbox 90-1140 series 03-PD13473

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:WRS:     The model number you listed is for a 1975 C-120, but the transmission is basically the same so it isn't important.

When you added the lift did you notice the color of the fluid? If it was amber it is 10 W 30 motor oil, if it was red it would be Dextron Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF).

I will attach the transmission manual, it is four parts.

Sunstrand Hydro (part 1).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 2).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 3).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 4).pdf

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for this information, I will try to translate the files in French to find where the oil level is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you post some photos it will help us in helping you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5993e5aa90a75_20160403_0805021.jpg.06374792914664a756d98cb4584a8d7f.jpg

Here is the picture of this pump, I unscrewed the big top plug to fill but I do not see where the limit is

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this gauge, with this little hook, she for the bridge but not for the transmission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought there were two different oils, one for the deck and one for the transmission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PETIT said:

I thought there were two different oils, one for the deck and one for the transmission

Same oil for hydro pump and actual transmission. Filled through dipstick spout. That dipstick is your oil level guide for both pump and transmission.

Very interested in seeing more photos of your tractor and the story behind it. I believe it is the first one I hear about in France. It looks like you have been restoring it. That is a very capable machine. What are your intentions for it?

Did you just add the hydro lift kit to it? If so there area couple of minor modifications/ additions you have to do to the pump. If it already had the hydro lift it should be ok.

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found your original post in "Introductions" You are doing a very nice job with that tractor. Keep us posted . Any questions you may have can definitely be answered by many people in this forum.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,
A big thank you for these answers, I'm glad to know that there are people who know this material. This tractor comes from my brother who was a repairman in the motorhome and who had seen the quality of the machine, he had bought it where he worked. He told me before they died and I really care about it. He had completely redone the cut by recovering the pulleys and fixing system, I created a side exit and remade an aluminum turbine with a suspention on the suport of the turbine (too heavy) to balance the cut. I found tools in addition to cutting, a rotovator, a bull blade, a trailer and little brothers: a 12 AUTOMATIC CHARGER and a TORO 416 and yes I needed more power to launch the cast iron turbine and I do not use the tractor that I have completely disassembled, degreased, sanded, and repainted. I redo stickers and a viewfinder smooth aluminum (which does not appear in the photo) my dream would be found a front loader, I have a lot of land to move every year and have to do it to the hand. I do not think there was this in FRANCE, one of my friends made one but he is very strong on the mechanics of more than thirty WHEEL HORSE and TORO in

WHEEL HORSE and TORO in collection, it's great ...
I attach some pictures of my work.
cordially
Arnaud

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little rectification, my brother was a repairer in the mower (not the camper) is he gave me before his death. not a bull blade but a blade for dirt and snow bad translation

5993ed19b7f3d_20170215_1748201.jpg.c6e0196897d39ca050e89e70d16d4147.jpg5993ebf5569f4_20151122_1455161.jpg.83408ec80cc1ec5ee8adb2f8da2ce648.jpg5993eb3782bd6_20161123_1718421.jpg.c7accdeeccbc66b48f7672fbed1c88d2.jpg5993ea92c0da9_20161120_1552391.jpg.d401617cb57fddbc9b6f7083231426e0.jpg

5993e84879554_20161028_1825561.jpg.c4f89be8da6c9a49e0ecde49f8c7b44f.jpg5993e7a5c8bd7_20170204_1318331.jpg.6b489c23642272283ba2a9dfa9330117.jpg5993e5aa90a75_20160403_0805021.jpg.06374792914664a756d98cb4584a8d7f.jpg5993e4b88701e_20141225_1048331.jpg.bd0a48a36863fe93e05bb903061cf0aa.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the pump, I did not change it, the tractor was in hydraustatic (it was just used to make the tractor forward) I unscrewed the two plugs on the side I connected the cylinder that I recovered on a seller site, I tried, it works, the actuator is well powered is the tractor ahead. I do not know what to change, can you help me?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:text-coolphotos:        You have some great Wheel Horses there. This manual covers the steps needed to add the lift as you have done. If there are any problems it may help. To change the oil in the Sundstrand you will need to locate the drain plug (bottom near the rear of the tractor) and remove it using an allen wrench (hex key). The oil filter on the side of the transmission should also be replaced, we use a NAPA 1410 filter, don't know what brand of filters you have in France, but it needs to be a hydraulic filter, not an automotive one.

Hope this helps.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe these above are the correct instructions for the conversion. I just accomplished the same task in one of my tractors.Since you pretty much have already accomplished most of it the only thing to check is if you performed changes to pump. Look at photos below.

 

image.png.c342269cf694105249042e36e790fdf5.png

image.png.792a7de1ce86a665e46a68bf0fdf06f9.png

image.png.ad4434b94d5d9e3d4ca3c074bbf4f426.png

image.png.c6a4df53a40dceb85a9fcf2acd5c933c.png

image.png.6dfb27f66c2bee1ee91e1f17b843da7a.png

Edited by formariz
  • Excellent 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PETIT said:

Hello everyone,
A big thank you for these answers, I'm glad to know that there are people who know this material. This tractor comes from my brother who was a repairman in the motorhome and who had seen the quality of the machine, he had bought it where he worked. He told me before they died and I really care about it. He had completely redone the cut by recovering the pulleys and fixing system, I created a side exit and remade an aluminum turbine with a suspention on the suport of the turbine (too heavy) to balance the cut. I found tools in addition to cutting, a rotovator, a bull blade, a trailer and little brothers: a 12 AUTOMATIC CHARGER and a TORO 416 and yes I needed more power to launch the cast iron turbine and I do not use the tractor that I have completely disassembled, degreased, sanded, and repainted. I redo stickers and a viewfinder smooth aluminum (which does not appear in the photo) my dream would be found a front loader, I have a lot of land to move every year and have to do it to the hand. I do not think there was this in FRANCE, one of my friends made one but he is very strong on the mechanics of more than thirty WHEEL HORSE and TORO in

WHEEL HORSE and TORO in collection, it's great ...
I attach some pictures of my work.
cordially
Arnaud

 

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I see that they will always have a special meaning for you. Your brother would be happy that they are in good hands. I personally am happy to see them being appreciated so far from their birthplace. May they always bring you the same happiness and quality time they do us here.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much!!!
I am very very happy for all this information, it is a great honor to preserve this material, for my brother, for the brand, for the quality, robustness and beauty of these machines. I will do everything to keep them in the best condition possible, I found a motor that has 250 hours that I put on my brother's before renovation, it is like new. I will continue my collection of tools to expand the family hoping one day find a front loader, my dream ...
long life to WHEEL HORSE
cordially
Arnaud

  • Excellent 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Whbelguim
On 17-12-2017 at 8:20 PM, PETIT said:

Thank you very much!!!
I am very very happy for all this information, it is a great honor to preserve this material, for my brother, for the brand, for the quality, robustness and beauty of these machines. I will do everything to keep them in the best condition possible, I found a motor that has 250 hours that I put on my brother's before renovation, it is like new. I will continue my collection of tools to expand the family hoping one day find a front loader, my dream ...
long life to WHEEL HORSE
cordially
Arnaud

welcome to redsqaure 

 

vincent from belguim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×