pgiro

1977 D160 Transmission release?

pgiro

Does the hydro on the D series have a release valve that would allow you to roll the tractor if it's not running?

I don't see anything in the basic manual about it.

Thanks in advance.

pacer

Yes it does.... sitting in the seat on the left side panel about even with where the battery sits is about a one inch opening. Looking inside is either a place for a flat blade screw driver or a 3/8" square object? visible. Turning this counter clockwise about 1 to 1 1/2 turns relieves the pressure and allows bypass. Its entirely possible that it will be stuck (mine was!) and if the flat blade type, can be fun getting loose - with the square head a extension from your 3/8" socket set will allow a better 'bite'

pgiro

Great. Thank you. I'll try it tomorrow.

pfrederi

IMG_3358 (1024x768).jpg

• Like 1

pgiro

Thanks. It looks like mine is partially broken. I don't know if I'll be able to loosen it at all.

Someone must have tried to loosen it with a flat blade screwdriver and half of it broke off.

pacer

Sounds familiar - mine was wallowed out so badly that nothing I could rig up would budge it. (for some time I used my floor jack under the rear wheels to move it around) But finally I went into the drive system pump and once on the bench it came loose fairly quickly with a pair of vice grips. It screws all the way out of the pump, so once I had it out, I brazed a 3/8" nut on the end of it :greetings-clappingyellow: