semper5

Blade Fits, But No Rotational Angle

semper5

After putting my snow plow blade on my newer acquisition, a 1979 C-141, I realized I am unable to use the handle thingy to rotate the blade to the left or the right. Is the fix for this to relocate the handle thingy on the blade frame itself? Or would it be better to roll back the right foot rest?

Sarge

If the blade is hitting the foot rest and can't reach the point where it locks in position - the wrong handle setup for the tractor is on that blade . There are quite a few variations - most of us just alter the handle to make it work correctly to fit whatever tractor model . Some blades have a bend in their handle to clear the later models with foot rests and I believe there were kits to fix the clearance problem when installing early model blades on later model tractors - I'm sure Garry will be here shortly with the reference material needed to figure it out...

@gwest_ca

If we have the model number of the tractor and the numbers off the blade's tag it helps a lot - or at least a picture of it installed .

Sarge

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Here is the 1979 blade's parts list. Often the illustrations are very accurate. Click on the fuzzy picture

Sometimes the handle can be turned around to better fit the application.

I just picked the best fit and then slightly bent the handle for clearance.

Garry

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:

Yep, all of the above.   Turn it around, bend it, add a spacer, trim the foot rest.....What ever it takes to make it work.

• Like 1

Tankman

Easy fix.

Cut the handle and weld a horizontal piece of flatbar to the lower piece and the handle.

Flatbar length “as required” to clear your brake pedal.

Done this numerous times. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

Sarge

I have also moved the pivot point on the handle up higher - it increases the link rod to the blade sector movement and shortens how far the handle has to move to go from full left to full right . Just 1.5" makes a lot of difference.

Sarge