Spokane Dave

What did you NAME your --- WHEEL HORSE ??

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

:laughing-rolling: All the rest of them I call "Come On" as I am turning the key to start. :handgestures-thumbupright:

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

Sarge

I had a dog like that once - that's about all I ever said to him....

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I just call them by there numbers, the 854, the 416, the 175. I know, boring, no pizaazz.........

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

Two very beautiful machines you have there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: great names for both.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Took my son Caleb on a rangling trip to get his first  :wh:  on the six hour drive round trip.He read to me an old western novel.In it the main character had a horse named “Jack Rabbit” and Caleb decided it would be a good name for his first acquired  :wh:

0ED02BF7-776A-4B36-BB08-06832366196E.jpeg.4ba7f54fbbc230da3fe864484f6a1873.jpeg

Especially since it has the faster gearing.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

19richie66

Beast of a first tractor. Guess go big and don't look back. 👍

• Like 5

dells68
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-yeahthat: great names for both.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Took my son Caleb on a rangling trip to get his first  :wh:  on the six hour drive round trip.He read to me an old western novel.In it the main character had a horse named “Jack Rabbit” and Caleb decided it would be a good name for his first acquired  :wh:

0ED02BF7-776A-4B36-BB08-06832366196E.jpeg.4ba7f54fbbc230da3fe864484f6a1873.jpeg

Especially since it has the faster gearing.

Nothing any better than a father and son working on, collecting, and enjoying a Wheel Horse.  Best time Emory and I have together!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

Yeah I wish my dad was still around so we could do this together. Actually today is the 5 year mark he's been gone. Tried getting my son into it a little but he likes his trucks. No problem there. He does like making me parts for them though when i need a little something made. Better than nothing though.👍

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

Sorry to here about the loss of your dad.  My dad has told me that he still occasionally thinks of something that he’d like to ask of/share with his dad but then remembers that he has passed away. Time is fleeting and I feel often we neglect to appreciate the true value of it. I cherish the time I get to spend with my dad and am thankful for the variety of things that we can enjoy together.  Regarding your son, you’ll have to get him furrow plowing—it worked for my man @Rp.wh!  It is super addicting to work these dudes out in the field. Plus you can tell your son that trucks and horses mix really well—just ask the cowboys out west. And you need a truck to transport your horses with ease anyway.  Nothing goes together with vintage:wh:‘s like a cool truck and trailer!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

Kind of hate to admit this but I have never thought of naming any of mine. Guess I have some work cut out for me.

Need a little inspiration!

Image result for book of names

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 7

RedPaul

My wife named all of mine 'Dog Horses'  because she can never remember Wheel Horse, or they are all collectively known as  "The Junk in the Back Yard" I just call them My Little Red Tractors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Retired Wrencher
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:54 AM, rmaynard said:

Did not name any of mine. I thought that was reserved for watercraft. 🛳️

Very true Bob My father called his my three sons after the tv show.

13 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Sorry to here about the loss of your dad.  My dad has told me that he still occasionally thinks of something that he’d like to ask of/share with his dad but then remembers that he has passed away. Time is fleeting and I feel often we neglect to appreciate the true value of it. I cherish the time I get to spend with my dad and am thankful for the variety of things that we can enjoy together.  Regarding your son, you’ll have to get him furrow plowing—it worked for my man @Rp.wh!  It is super addicting to work these dudes out in the field. Plus you can tell your son that trucks and horses mix really well—just ask the cowboys out west. And you need a truck to transport your horses with ease anyway.  Nothing goes together with vintage:wh:‘s like a cool truck and trailer!

Jack enjoy ever minute with Him. 

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

@953 nut

Famous race horses like, “Man-O-War”, Ruffian, Red Rum, War Admiral, Citation, Barbaro would be cool if the name fit the tractor.  

Famous movie horses would also work like: Trigger,  Champion, Loco, Silver, BlackJack.  

Descriptive terms: Leaky, Rusty, Ole Faithful, Fireball, Obstinate, etc

There are lots of things that could be used, it’s just picking something and using it.  It is especially handy when you own multiples of one model of tractor like a 953 let’s say!:D

@Retierd Wrencher I Will! Thanks

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Obstinate

:thumbs:

I like that one. ...

• Thanks 1

Sarge

That sort of line works - old TV shows , movies and such as well as anything horse related . My Land Cruiser , in the previous owner's 1942 Olive Drab color he painted it is "The AntiChrist" - it's tried to kill me several times and just seemed evil when I first got it .

Those who know the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy" (part 1 & 2) from Australia will understand the name....and how it earned it .

Sarge

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Keeping with that theme Sarge, if you had a :wh: that was a particularly ornery machine and you were the only one that could operate it, the name “Christine” comes to mind from the classic John Carpenter film about the possessed 1958 Plymouth Fury...

• Like 1

Sarge

LOL - so true , that moniker would probably fit the irritating D-180 better than Big Ugly ...it's had a bad history of wanting to suddenly run off on it's own . Pretty sure that thing is possessed by a demon of some sort .

Growing up, there were two of those old '58 Fury's around town , one in Red and one in Black - the black one was sinister looking anywhere it sat . Both driven by old ladies that probably couldn't see past the steering wheel much - everyone knew to avoid them . Nothing like that huge bumper and all that steel barreling down a narrow street coming headlong at you...

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

AMC RULES

Here's my beauty...

and the BEAST.  

You decide. :hide:

IMG_1581.JPG.26c91bf34db29a681481428d035163ed.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
39 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

“Christine” comes to mind from the classic John Carpenter film

...and based on the book by Stephen King. Now, There's a pair to start a full house...

I'm NOT a horror film fan but that duo would be interesting in conversation I believe.

• Like 1

19richie66
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Here's my beauty...

and the BEAST.  

IMG_1581.JPG.26c91bf34db29a681481428d035163ed.JPG

Well I can't see a beast so she must be the beauty. I need to get my wife on a tractor 🤞

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Here's my beauty...

and the BEAST.  

You better be smiling when you say that pardner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Retired Wrencher
  • Craig Your dead. Santa is not coming for you bud. 
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Bah humbug Gary...

it's plow season!

Related image

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Craig you better hope for a long plow season. But then they never for get do they.