Simplecity

Wondering

Simplecity

Good Day All

Merry Christmas

Not sure where to post this, so here goes: Is there any reference material that shows what original part numbers have been superseded to?

Thanks to all who respond

Simplecity

BOB ELLISON

There are so many different tractors with so many different parts. Which tractor are you referring to. There are some parts that have been Superseded

But there is no list that I've ever seen or heard of. If your refusing to a particular model or part some one here can tell you what parts will work. But you must be more specific as to model or part number you need.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

SPINJIM

If you can find a good (ie: helpful) Toro dealer , all of that info is available to him on the Toro dealer's website.  Many item numbers have been superseded two or three times.   Ideally, the dealer should have once been a Wheel Horse dealer so that you're speaking a familiar language.    Good Luck.

Jim

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:            Like Bob said, be specific and we may be able to help you. Our files administrator has a lot of information on all sorts of tractors in the manuals section and several replacement parts numbers. You can brows the manuals section or give us more information and we will be happy to help.

• Like 1

Simplecity

Thanks for the replies

I'm use to working on Simplicity (now owned by B&S). There is a lot of info out there when dealing/researching old Simplicity part numbers. I thought that maybe Wheel Horse/Toro would be the same. Apparently not. I like to do my own research as I was a counter man for NAPA back in the day....

Anyway, a part that I would like to locate is the bushing that goes on the steering shaft I believe it is #5409 this is a nylon collar bushing. The parts breakdown also shows a #7896 washer and a #7468 collar ( which looks like that is part of the steering wheel). These part numbers came from a Mach 1970 parts manual.

The tractor is a Raider 12 Model: 1-6251

Serial: 570383

Have a Blessed Day

Simplecity

953 nut

Most plastic bushings can easily be replaced by oil impregnated bronze bushings that can be picked up at any industrial supply or hardware store. The collar is a standard hardware store 3/4" collar, same thing on the washer, just a thin 3/4" thrust washer. That is the beauty of a :wh:, replacement parts are usually standard hardware rather than proprietary items that can only be obtained from the dealer.

gwest_ca
2 hours ago, Simplecity said:

The tractor is a Raider 12 Model: 1-6251

Serial: 570383

Simplecity

Serial 570383 looks like it is from a 1969 model 1-6241

Garry