Now the man is Uncle Sam...

seems little has changed.  :confusion-shrug:

Still hoping...I make it out alive. 

CIMG3612.JPG.f75a74e806dfaed75d0ea40760f73035.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 7

stevasaurus

Chapter 2:

We had a thing called school...after doing stick figures in caves for (we did not have a calendar yet) some time...I did well in finger painting and a new thing called Crayons.  Everyone knew that I would be OK in life.  I tried like heck to make them proud.  Then in High School...I found my 1st job.  I was 16 and had a license...delivering Pizzas.  I got to know short order cooking, washing dishes, making pizzas and all the short cuts around town.  During that summer, I had some free time.  Since, cents, sense I was on the swim team, it made prefect since, cents, since that I apply for being a Life Guard at the near by city pool.  What a great summer that was...all the pizza I wanted and all the girls hanging around at the pool.  :occasion-xmas:   I should end Chapter 2 here.  :)

• Like 9

AMC RULES

:hilarious:

2 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

on the swim team...hanging around at the pool.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

squonk
39 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

No not the mafia...:hilarious:

Where do you think he gets his concrete from? :blink:

• Haha 4

stevebo
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Well, I'm going to have to do this in Chapters.

Chapter 1:   I started out painting stick figures in caves on the walls...tales of hunting beasts that are no more and things like that.  When we discovered fire, we kind of got away from hunter/gatherer and started growing crops.  We discovered fermentation, which took some time, and that is how civilization started...no more nomads.  This went on for some time.  It was hard work, but invention was the mother.  The invention of the wheel ruined everything...people lost their jobs...recession...soup lines.  It took many years for it all to even out, but we survived.  End chapter 1.  :)

Was Rock and Rye around back then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

squonk
17 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Chapter 2:

We had a thing called school...after doing stick figures in caves for (we did not have a calendar yet) some time...I did well in finger painting and a new thing called Crayons.  Everyone knew that I would be OK in life.  I tried like heck to make them proud.  Then in High School...I found my 1st job.  I was 16 and had a license...delivering Pizzas.  I got to know short order cooking, washing dishes, making pizzas and all the short cuts around town.  During that summer, I had some free time.  Since, cents, sense I was on the swim team, it made prefect since, cents, since that I apply for being a Life Guard at the near by city pool.  What a great summer that was...all the pizza I wanted and all the girls hanging around at the pool.  :occasion-xmas:   I should end Chapter 2 here.  :)

What flavor crayon did you find tasted the best? Lt. blue was my fave. White paste tasted like, well white paste. Crayons and Luke warm curdling milk sucked thru a paper straw got me out of 3 rd. grade algebra taught by a nun. 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

AMC RULES

6 minutes ago, squonk said:

Where do you think he gets his concrete from? :blink:

:text-yeahthat: They say...Hoffa's in here.

CIMG3122.JPG.7ca8873cd703fabb2062767563fccbf8.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

stevasaurus

I know it does not sound like it...but this will all tie in to the theme of this thread.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Here's betting your pool experience...

got you into the Navy's Submariner program.   :lol:

Image result for navy submariner

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
8 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Who cares this way get to know each other better.  This helps me learn more about people I have met at the Big Show and others I would like to meet. I have say that basically all my life I have been an introvert . I don't like crowds , meeting people or joining groups. Until my First Big Show I would have never dreamed of attending like that. Look what happen you and squonky cracked my shell , and I can now say I have many friends in the world today.

I am the same way...have always preferred to be alone or with a very small group of people that are close friends. Since joining up here...I feel like I have found a while lot of new friends, and really looking forward to this summer and the Big Show...should have everything together by then and unless something drastic changes I will make it this year

• Like 7

Big_Red_Fred
4 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

This is a really great thread , glad @Professor1990 started it . It is very interesting to see how folks started out and what they do now. "You can't judge a book by its cover " or amount of grease under their finger nails unless it is @squonk and @Big_Red_Fred. Ok you two , what are your stories and also @stevasaurus.

Okay my ear's were ringing again after another 12 hour day Pumpn gas in Greasy overalls ! Jim i swear i feel your Love for Me hahahaha, Now i have some real dirty hands ! Now back down the stepa to my Cast Iron Commode & a Old :wh: News paper from when you boys were in your early 60's

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred

My 1st Job  in 1972 was stocking shelves at Kinneys Shoes & pulling my Dad's boot out of my azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jimmy, he also said 2 Buzzards bumped Butts & i fell out between them ! Thanks Dad Geese

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

stevasaurus

Chapter 4:

1970...just after the lottery drawing to end junk like Trump getting out of the service with bone spurs...I drew number 8 out of 365 or 366.  I knew I was going to get drafted.  It finally happened in May of that year...I had already talked to the Navy, so I went down and gave them the greetings letter and enlisted.  My boot camp would be a whole chapter in itself.  I'll just say that I enlisted in a trial program that meant I would go to San Diego.  It was a trial UDT/Seal company where they would try to weed out from 80 of us, the people that they thought might have a chance to make it through BUDs training at Coronado Island.  The BUDs drop out rate was like 67%...they wanted to cut that rate down.  They had 11 weeks to weed us out.  They got rid of about 10 guys in the 1st few days...they could not swim.  Recruiters.  I learned how to fold my socks, pants, skivys, (sp)...run a floor buffer to perfection...do not volunteer...hospital corners on the bed...how to survive.

There were 18 of us left near the end of the 11 weeks out of 80 guys.  They tried to pull the last trick one night near the end of the 11 weeks.  We were all guaranteed an "A" school after boot camp before BUDS training.  They wanted us to waiver our right to that and go directly to BUDS.  I asked what would happen if I did not make it out of BUDS...answer...you go out to the fleet and wait for a chance for an "A" school.  That was BS...12 of us said no and they only had 6 guys go on.

We were all guaranteed an "A" school anyway.  They made me a Communications Technician and I went to school in Pensacola, Fla. for 6 months.  Sorry for the lengthy story here...but it has a lot to do with the horses.  :think:

• Like 7

squonk
48 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

squonky cracked my shell 

I went thru a lot cracking it! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Big_Red_Fred

My 2nd job was building Alternators, starters & Generators in 1976, The man seen my mechanical ability & Paid me, a 16 year old Boy 12.00 a hour, he new my Father was hard on me, I wont go much farther on that one other then saying i come from a strick German Family, it wasnt enjoyable, thou it made me independent ! When i graduated in 78 i joined the US ARMY & Dam Proud of my time served as a 63 Bravo, Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, and since then till now, im coming up on 40 years as a Diesel Mechanic, I did it on my own! I know what its like to Live on the street, I Give my kids every thing my Father didnt give me ! yea im a Joker, doesnt bother me to talk about my self, I'm a Leader & taught my kids to be also, & yes i got wacked with a Rolling Pin LOL

• Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

I think it was head you wanted to crack.

• Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred
2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I think it was head you wanted to crack.

You better watch out for my Bear hug at BIG SHOW Jim LOL

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Chapter 5::

After "A" school in Florida (6 months), I did graduate 1st in my class.  I was lucky to do that, since, cents, sense I had badly sprained my little finger on my left hand, and most of what our class was about was typing.  Just to show I am a fighter.  :violence-blades:

Anyway...went to Winter Harbor, Maine for 36 months...saved the world 3 or 4 times and came out an E-5 looking for a job.  1974

Because they were "hiring the vet" found a job in...well got out of the service May 24, 1974...started with Illinois Bell June 4, 1974.  This is the only time I did not have a job...that 2 weeks.

I really missed the life guard days at this point.

:occasion-xmas:  I had not found Rack & Rye yet.

• Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

BRF I think the rolling pin did some damage , you may want to get it checked out.  My military service. Like Steve on a stick I was in the first lottery, number 69. I was in my senior year at college and knew I should bend over and kiss it good bye. I got lucky in got in a Army Reverse Unit . Got my first after college in June and August I was in boot camp. That fall I was going to Helicopter mechanics school. I finished the school  in January  1971 as a Crew Chief on a Huey. Crew chief on a Huey was also a door gunner. 

7 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

You better watch out for my Bear hug at BIG SHOW Jim LOL

How can you hug me , we haven't even slow danced yet.:wacko:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Big_Red_Fred

Hey you Guys ! What Happened to Travlin Javlin ?

Big_Red_Fred
24 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

BRF I think the rolling pin did some damage , you may want to get it checked out.  My military service. Like Steve on a stick I was in the first lottery, number 69. I was in my senior year at college and knew I should bend over and kiss it good bye. I got lucky in got in a Army Reverse Unit . Got my first after college in June and August I was in boot camp. That fall I was going to Helicopter mechanics school. I finished the school  in January  1971 as a Crew Chief on a Huey. Crew chief on a Huey was also a door gunner. 

How can you hug me , we haven't even slow danced yet.:wacko:

Now when i went Reserves, I went to 104 Air Cav here in Pa at Ft Indiantown Gap, they wanted me as a Hot Fueler ! Ahhh that aint happen i told Top ! He showed me The Helicopter shop, Huey's, Shop Manuals Lined up 30 yards with Mechanics holding heads up with their hands ! I ended up being the Sgt that drove the CO around till my Job at Pilot Freight said your working for us Or Gettting Fired, Top said turn in your TA50 Siegfried, Now Ya know my last name

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

BRF I am sure I could make a comment but the current climate means political correctness . I just keep my big mouth shut and look for you at the BIG SHOW . How about comments from other members , you chaps across the pond need to chime in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1