Howie

Lawn Ranger

Howie

Went to an auction Tuesday north of Peru,In to check out the Wheel Horses for sale. Bought a 106 Lawn Ranger without engine for $15. There wa two GT1100 Workhose models there, one was a very decent looking tractor

with 42inch deck. Went for $20, could have been made to run pretty easily it appeared. Other one was a little rougher but complete with 36 inch rear discharge deck. It sold for a little less I believe. Was another tractor also

not sure on the model figured it was a 70's model. Engine replace with older one with starter generator on it, with the regulator mounted where the solid state regulator would have been. Don't know what it sold for. I thought

about the better Work Horse but no place to store it. Did kick myself after I saw what it sold for though. Other buy was a Bolens two wheel tractor for $10, it was complete. 

• Like 6

953 nut
9 hours ago, Howie said:

I thought

about the better Work Horse but no place to store it.

Sounds like you need to get a magic shed like Craig @AMC RULES has.         :wwp:

• Like 1

ericj

glad I wasn't there I would have bought them and figured out later what to do with, seriously a $ 20.00 wheel horse you can't loose, a couple of hundred is a different story, but $ 20.00 !!!!!!!!!!!:no:

eric j

• Like 1

Howie

Auctioneer was not getting much interest it seemed and he did not spend much time on it. I figured it would go higher and goofed on that one. I have five

other mower I fixed to sell and they are taking up space.  My old garage has a GTO spread all over it so can't get much else in there. Being in town did not

want to store it outside! Neighbors do not fuss about what I have and did not want to push the issue!