Dg1970

Tractor won’t move

Dg1970

Hello new member here .  This fall I picked up a 1970 raider10 model 6051. Came with snow plow and mower deck . So we just had our first snow and gave the tractor a shot and it worked great until it stoped moving no matter what gear I was in . The transmission is the high/low 3 forward and reverse. I’ve gone through the forums and seen other people with the same problem. I checked all the keys(both wheel hubs and the pully) brake drum doesn’t have one . All were good. Pulled on the shifter that was solid . Checked the diff by spinning the wheels , all seemed good . I pulled the transmission and double checked everything . That’s when I noticed kinda like a dead spot in the diff kinda like the gears were slipping. I split the trans and pulled the diff but couldn’t find anything wrong. No stripped gears . Now I’m baffled. Please help this tractor is great. P.S. it’s a uni drive 

Skipper

if you spin the input shaft on the trans, does the wheels/axles then turn? If yes, you look to see why the input shaft is not connected to the engine via belt drive. if no, you have a problem with/in the trans.

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

You are in the right place for good info!

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Are you sure the high/low shifter is fully engaged? They will act like a neutral if not fully engaged.

Garry

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob

:text-yeahthat: It's very easy for that to happen. :)

• Like 1

Dg1970

Thanks for the fast responses I’ll check when I get home tonight and let everyone know what I come up with 

• Like 1

Jerry77

Welcome to................:rs:Glad you are here.....:)

• Like 1

Dg1970

Do they offer a gasket/seal kit for this trans ?

Dg1970

Thank you 

• Like 1

Dg1970

Sorry guys it’s been a couple days but it looks like it was the high/low stuck in between just waiting on some new seals and gaskets . Should be good to go . Thanks again for your help 😊

• Like 3