Docwheelhorse

What besides the 'Horses catches your attention? For me its mechanical clocks...

Docwheelhorse

Hello all,

have to do more research but just got this 38" wall / mantell clock that was made by the New Haven Clock Company somewhere before 1959 when they went bankrupt. I think it is much older and when I figure out Ill post update. I love all forms of mechanical clocks and watches and can just sit and listen to them tick away. Hopefully the attached video works of this piece. The story goes that it hung in the Chester CT National bank and the janitor was told to get rid of it. He took it home and it was on the wall of his house till he recently passed. When he took it home I have no clue. The bank was swallowed by another and I couldnt find any history

So... when not with the 'Horses what gets your attention?

Tony

35188.3gp

Edited by Docwheelhorse
Spelling boo boo
  • Like 3

Wishin4a416

Things that go Bang and reloading. I am cleaning on a 1908 Top Break right now.

Edited by Wishin4a416
  • Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

I like old mechanical watches ,I have 3 Elgins and a Bulova. All work and I wear one every day. No batteries needed.

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I AM IN TO BOATING AND HAM RADIO.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

I have to many Guns so i shoot a lot, Plus all my Kids shootIMG9501491.jpg.a95215cebef169a1a04953f41ca178b4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine

Pretty much anything between a toaster and an excavator... machinery in general.

Mack, Peterbilt... old stuff.

Shiny!

:D

• Like 7

570 Productions

I'm into Corvettes and Trucks (preferably diesels).

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Old cars and trucks, Amateur radio, hunting, fishing, camping, welding, woodworking, the list could go on but that's the main ones

• Like 4

squonk

Anything with an old Detroit! :banana-jumprope::banana-wrench:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

rmaynard

I have always been an antique cabinet freak. Especially those old hoosier-type cabinets. I can't go to any antique shop or mall that I am not drawn to those old kitchen relics. I have restored and sold probably two dozen of them, but my biggest thrill was using my amateur cabinet making skills to build a reproduction of a 1925 Seller's Kitchen Cabinet.  

sellersfull2.jpg.357e2ef3713277796fc700a498b6e3ac.jpg

Hmm...seems to be a theme here. "Hoosier" cabinets, and tractors from the Hoosier state.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Sarge

Welding , melting metal with electricity and fire...stuff like that . Grandkids are becoming a source of entertainment quickly - few more years those twin boys will be needing some teaching from Papa - that will be fun .

Sarge

• Like 2

RandyLittrell
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I have always been an antique cabinet freak. Especially those old hoosier-type cabinets. I can't go to any antique shop or mall that I am not drawn to those old kitchen relics. I have restored and sold probably two dozen of them, but my biggest thrill was using my amateur cabinet making skills to build a reproduction of a 1925 Seller's Kitchen Cabinet.  

sellersfull2.jpg.357e2ef3713277796fc700a498b6e3ac.jpg

Hmm...seems to be a theme here. "Hoosier" cabinets, and tractors from the Hoosier state.

I love those old kitchen cabinets myself. I have one that my Mom refinished herself and put made stain glass to put in the doors. I will get a pic. 

Randy

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

amateur cabinet making skills

Really. ...

If we had more amateurs like you we wouldn't need any professionals. Nice work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@rmaynard Bob if that is amateur woodworking , I would hate to go up against a professional woodworker. We have a Hoosier in our kitchen. It was my wife's aunts who at some point painted numerous times since the 1920's. My wife will not let me strip the paint. The paint does make the manufacturing plate stay on the front of the cabinet.

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

Here's some thing i dont enjoy when its Colder Then a Cast Iron Commode in The Klondikes  ! Stupid truck drivers driving thru My Dam Shop today ripping off the door, Cinder Block wall, iron beam header ripped out of wall, I just stood at my tool box while Pee ran down my leg ! Ur Exactly Right Sarge !!!!! Its time to retire !IMG_06991.jpg.ac449bf82c47a4fd3a39aa33d017c653.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: C'mon...happens all the time. 

CIMG7943.JPG.98fddc0b319afecc58d95f02de2b3b2c.JPGCIMG7944.JPG.4fcea5da1df564dcc9094dce084ab0c2.JPGCIMG7947.JPG.3a1ebfbb998052373596c9cc5b4d8c91.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
33 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Here's some thing i dont enjoy when its Colder Then a Cast Iron Commode in The Klondikes  ! Stupid truck drivers driving thru My Dam Shop today ripping off the door, Cinder Block wall, iron beam header ripped out of wall, I just stood at my tool box while Pee ran down my leg ! Ur Exactly Right Sarge !!!!! Its time to retire !IMG_06991.jpg.ac449bf82c47a4fd3a39aa33d017c653.jpg

For a minute Fred I thought maybe you had moved to Oklahoma and went to work for the same bunch I work for...that looks like something I wouldn't put past a couple of our drivers to do

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Our drivers just like to play chicken with trains instead...old man said he never saw the train...was moving slow on a side track...didn't even know what happened...said one minute he was right side up...next he was on his side...crawled out passenger window and saw the train.

Sorry for going :text-offtopic:...carry on fellas

20171113_113217.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

For a minute Fred I thought maybe you had moved to Oklahoma and went to work for the same bunch I work for...that looks like something I wouldn't put past a couple of our drivers to do

I haven't hit one. ...... yet.

23 hours ago, squonk said:

Anything with an old Detroit! :banana-jumprope::banana-wrench:

LOVE them !

At the Owls head transportation museum truck weekend this post year there was an old Kenworth that had one with the original Roots type supercharger that all the hotrodders became so fond of. 

First one I'd seen in a truck. 

Mounted sideways on the passenger side of the engine. 

Great view of it because the truck was a day cab cabover.

• Like 3

Sarge

It's ok BRF - as long as the same driver hasn't taken out the same door more than once - we finally had to ban a guy from our shop for trying to destroy the stupid shop , he took the door clean off twice . I hear the other day the same guy rolled his semi hauling rock - figures as that's the second one he's done . No idea how some of those clowns got into the industry and they really give others a bad name . I had one years ago start his truck up with me under it while standing on the ground outside the cab - with the transmission in 3rd gear . Out the door we went and finally got it stopped halfway across the gravel lot when I broke some of the air lines and set it's brakes - I nearly beat him senseless with a grease gun...

After that I took the keys out of every unit that came in and hid them in the tool box to prevent stupid from showing up .

Sarge

• Like 3

JPWH

I like old tools. When I remodeled my wife's kitchen I needed a large table saw. I found a nice Walker Turner that just needed cleaned up. Then i wanted a simple wood lathe and found an old wizard bench top lathe. I also have an old cast iron Delta 24" free standing scroll saw. I am currently eorking on a deal for a logan metal lathe. I was selling a troy built riding mower and the guy offered the lathe for the mower. He needs a mower and i want a lathe. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I like old tools. ..........

....... He needs a mower and i want a lathe. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Yeah. Me too. Part of the attraction to these wheel horses I guess. In the last several months I've gotten ahold of three old Sears - not Craftsman - tools. Air compressor. Alternator with the Briggs engine that's in one of these posts. And an old table saw I wasn't even looking for. It just kind of found me.

Love the barter system. Well done on that trade there.

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

WEll i also have a HUGE Winross Collection, they say they aint worth nothing any more, mine all packed up in attic, to go to Boys when im pushn Daises ! Have a Good collection of Stihl Chain saws too. 

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I am not allowed to trade , buy or steal any more tools or equipment by the head of the household. She says the backyard looks like Fred Sanford lives here.  I am leaving all the junk to my son know it yet.:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ohiofarmer

It has to be antique Honda Motorcycles. The three bikes you see here only cost me a total of 950.00 and I have some more for even better prices.

They are sort of like Wheel Horses in that some of the parts and knowledge interchange between the years and models of Honda

The one on the lift is an early Gold Wing. Three days in, I had fire in the pistons I am hoping to have  it on the road for $ 800 including purchase, parts and tires, Half the fun is knowing when to spend on only OEM parts and when to go aftermarket for the best build possible.  When you show up places on an old bike, you would be surprised how many people want you to look at and think about buying an old bike they have sitting around.

I was not looking for that 'wing, but it found me. the engineering as compared to other bikes of the age is astounding, with a mixture of motorcycle and automotive engineering. If the engine proves out like I think it will, It will be a nice motorcycle. If not, then i will find a good home for the nice parts on her.  It basically needs the water pump rebuilt and new gaskets at the front end and valve covers

The little guys on the lumber cart are nice survivors that were not running when purchased, the gold one has so much nice original paint that it would be worth a bunch more parted out than kept as a bike.  Again, kind of like some of our wheel Horses

006.JPG

011.JPG