slim67

So who plowed today?

Ed Kennell

:text-coolphotos:        None here  today,  we got ours on Sat.    about 5".

• Like 1

slim67
8 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-coolphotos:        None here  today,  we got ours on Sat.    about 5".

Wife says thats about what we got. I have to go back in tonight to clean up lots.

• Like 2

953 nut

Got about 8" late last week and a lot of it has already melted off. 

• Like 1

slim67

Well the B-80s wal-mart battery ( bought back in May) gave up the ghost. I haven't had much luck with those crappy little 230 amp Sam Walton specials, but they are cheap at 20 or so dollars and they will probably replace it. So for now I just keep using those. I thought there may be a parasitic drain but a test revealed none. Anyways that was a good excuse to put my RJ-59 through its paces. Needless to say it performed admirably. I thought about the guy who would have had it or one like it brand new in 59 plowing his drive while being the envy of the neighborhood!

IMG_0888.JPG

Edited by slim67
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Tankman

No plow here in Easter PA.....yet.

Horses are ready to go, eager to push the cold white "junque" out-a-here:ROTF:

RJC1965

I am getting ready for the Maiden voyage of my 520H and 2 stage snowblower. At least for me it’s my first time with the 520 and blower. I bet we have a good 8 to 10 inches it’s still coming down holding off for another hr or so then I go out and play. I will save some for tomorrow so I can take a few pic and maybe a video to post wish me luck and I will check back in later tonight. 

🌨

• Like 1

slim67
1 hour ago, Tankman said:

No plow here in Easter PA.....yet.

Horses are ready to go, eager to push the cold white "junque" out-a-here:ROTF:

39 minutes ago, RJC1965 said:

I am getting ready for the Maiden voyage of my 520H and 2 stage snowblower. At least for me it’s my first time with the 520 and blower. I bet we have a good 8 to 10 inches it’s still coming down holding off for another hr or so then I go out and play. I will save some for tomorrow so I can take a few pic and maybe a video to post wish me luck and I will check back in later tonight. 

🌨

I think you guys will get your chance soon. Good luck with your equipment.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

We are "supposed" to get 1 to 3 tonight. So maybe some action in the morning, more fun than work though. Horses on the ready.

Glenn

• Like 1

pfrederi

No snow but it was single digits this morning.  The snow horses are ready but not called out yet....

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

We have an inch now and maybe a couple more till morning.    It might be enough to do a little plowing.

Wishin4a416

Just a dusting here right now. :(

• Like 1

Walt

I have had the pleasure of plowing 4 times this year. The first time I got 2 passes made on both sides of the road to open street to full width. Then did the side walks on both sides of street. But on my second time pushing up my kids drive across the street the lift didn't lift blade at end of pass and had to switch to my blower to finish hers' and my drives. It took me longer to remove the cover than it did to see the cotter pin had came out of the trunnion in the upper lift arm than it did to replace the cotter pin. On Saturday I felt like a kid chomping at the bit to play with their favorite toy I was up looking out the front door every 15 minutes or so looking at the fresh snow I got to clear that day. Today was the best tho it started to snow last night and I have gotten to plow 3 to 4 inches two times today. It is still snowing and blowing out there so I get to play in the snow again tomorrow.

• Like 3

RJC1965

The 520 and 2 stage really work great can’t believe I did not get stuck since I do not have chains yet. I do have 50 lb wheel weights and a set of weights 60lbs hanging off the rear hitch will show some pictures tomorrow of my set up I did take a few pics of the snow. I got the Taurus stuck twice backing it out of the way and it’s all wheel drive. we got 10 inches of snow wish it was lighter out but best I could do for pics 

B35D46CC-0908-4888-86E4-4785CD0F49DF.jpeg

9DA25899-D1D7-44C5-B6FC-43198E0B534B.jpeg

• Like 4

slim67
3 hours ago, RJC1965 said:

The 520 and 2 stage really work great can’t believe I did not get stuck since I do not have chains yet. I do have 50 lb wheel weights and a set of weights 60lbs hanging off the rear hitch will show some pictures tomorrow of my set up I did take a few pics of the snow. I got the Taurus stuck twice backing it out of the way and it’s all wheel drive. we got 10 inches of snow wish it was lighter out but best I could do for pics 

B35D46CC-0908-4888-86E4-4785CD0F49DF.jpeg

9DA25899-D1D7-44C5-B6FC-43198E0B534B.jpeg

Is that a 78-79 ford truck/bronco is see back there?

7 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

We are "supposed" to get 1 to 3 tonight. So maybe some action in the morning, more fun than work though. Horses on the ready.

Glenn

7 hours ago, pfrederi said:

No snow but it was single digits this morning.  The snow horses are ready but not called out yet....

4 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

We have an inch now and maybe a couple more till morning.    It might be enough to do a little plowing.

The horses are chomping on the bit !

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Looks like we only got an inch.  No seat time or pictures today.  Oh well, I can always bust Karls  Christmas lights for entertainment.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

We only got 1 inch, but my son Mike was quick to mount the C-175 and have some horse fun before going to school. Best thing I ever bought him, that horse. He kept going till he got to the blacktop. Lol

Glenn

20171214_073857-3024x2268.jpg

20171214_074525.jpg

20171214_074530.jpg

20171214_074459.jpg

20171214_074454.jpg

• Like 5

slim67
5 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Looks like we only got an inch.  No seat time or pictures today.  Oh well, I can always bust Karls  Christmas lights for entertainment.

I just got finished doing my driveway for the third time since Tuesday. I don t think we're getting any more snow for the next few days. I replaced the battery in my B-80 and used that . I think I am going to put the 9.50s back on with a $&@! ton of wheel weights. I don't have a set of chains right now since my dad took them for his Workhorse. They were his anyways but he has an incline driveway as to where mind is flat.

2 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

We only got 1 inch, but my son Mike was quick to mount the C-175 and have some horse fun before going to school. Best thing I ever bought him, that horse. He kept going till he got to the blacktop. Lol

Glennimageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9bimageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9b

20171214_073857-3024x2268.jpg

20171214_074525.jpg

20171214_074530.jpg

20171214_074459.jpg

20171214_074454.jpg

I used to love doing my parents driveway with our ss12 even though my dad had a plow on his truck. He was a policeman and worked different shifts so I would do it when he was sleeping since I couldn't use the truck.

Edited by slim67
  • Like 2

rjg854

My horses are still in the barn, waiting :huh:  There might be 3 inches of dry white powder, hardly enough to get out a tractor for.  And not much expected.  Maybe Saturday I'll go out and do some clean up, supposed to warm up some beginning next week. 

Sparky

Came home to 2” of the white stuff. Hardly worth breaking out the tractor but my other choice was a shovel 😱 ! Tractor won! This one is s GT-1600/8speed repowered with a Magnum 10. The plow is a newer 48”/ 5 sector 👍 . This is my favorite of all my Wheel Horses!

F77F7EA1-6FD4-43E6-A203-D69050CF508A.jpeg

• Like 7

Pullstart

I plowed 7 hours, but from the cab of a different horse.  My '01 2500HD.  Got a 9'2" boss V plow and a 16' swing wing back blade.  It's 8' wide with 4' independent wings that can open to parallel with the main blade and close to 90°.  I do the majority of my work with the back blade, it's great for 16' driveways I have a 2" hitch receiver in the plow that I line up with the center of the garage door and pull it all away.  Then just clean up with the V plow.  I tried to use the back blade for pushing my parking lot piles into a pile in reverse last year and bent my linkages like they were soft tacos.  It's still not perfectly straight!  Some day I'll revamp it to open the wings up to maybe 45° back for easier windrowing of long drives.

IMG_5111.JPG

• Like 7

Racinbob

We've been in a pattern getting snow every day but according to the forecast it will end for a while. Been plowing most every day. Yesterday there was just a good dusting but I decided to scrape it down to the concrete.

5a33e8da2d336_Snowdrive1.JPG.cb63e348a89afefcd3c1cf0b9e5b3500.JPG5a33e93d5c0c8_Snowdrive2.JPG.c3e8a02eb94cd9a585c4e08c6431f08a.JPG

We're getting another dusting right now but mother nature should take care of that tomorrow. It's been colder that the normal but the bright side is that it keeps these things at bay. :)

5a33e98e882e0_Floridamosquito.jpg.7670de5eaf766a22d6fcf0f2efdadfa8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

Just dumped about 2" here.  

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Its snowing here right now, there "saying" 3 inches when done. My son Mike is ready to get the horse plowing. Will post some more pics later, lol. The kid cant wait. 

Glenn

• Like 3