mikeeyre74

Tach-O-Matic on a ‘69 charger?

mikeeyre74

Is a 1969 charger 12 one of the ones I could just bolt a front Tach-O-Matic  onto without much modification? I’ve heard some of them can, and some of them can’t,  depending upon the year… You know, with that bolt on apparatus that bolts  in through the side of the frame  that I’ve seen before, but I understand that some of them you can just put the front Tach-O-Matic  from a donor tractor right onto it.  Does that make sense?  I have several Wheelhorse skeletons kicking around the yard that would be glad to donate front and mid hitches If I need to attach one of my newer style decks to it.

daveoman1966

MULE DRIVE UPGRADE DETAIL:   Step-by-Step

1) Pull the hinge pin(s) and remove the hood 

2) Jack or lift the front end.

3) Rest frame onto a stable block at a comfortable height to drill the hood hinge plate. (you don’t need to remove the front axle as I did in these pics….)

4) Locate a wood block about 5"L x 2"W x  1/2"T) and  fit it between the front hitch and hood hinge plate

5) Center the front hitch over the ¾” axle pin and C-clamp it, pinching the wood.

6) With a 3/8" drill bit, drill thru the wood block at the 3 front hitch holes... this will leave centering marks on the hood hinge plate for final drilling. (as circled in pic)

7) Undo the C-clamp(s) and remove the front hitch and wood block.

8) Using a 1/8" drill bit, drill 3 pilot holes at the marks left on the hood hinge plate

9) Open up these 3 holes with the 3/8" drill bit.

10) Attach the front hitch to frame plate, using 3 bolts and large nuts and washers as needed as spacers to keep the hitch vertical.

11) Tighten 3 bolts

MULE-17.jpg

MULE-18.jpg

MULE-36.JPG

RAIDER 10 (1).jpg

rapp 001.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

squonk

Scroll down about 1/2 way :)