Gibbs34567

Motorized snow chute

Gibbs34567

I know I had seen someone modify a snowblower chute to motorize it's direction.  I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

wallfish

I've done a couple using power window motors. You can also use a small actuator to control the deflector up and down.

What type of blower do you have? Single Stage short chute, SS tall chute, 2 stage?

If you use the search feature in the upper right corner and type in "motorized snow blower" all kinds of threads pop up. Make sure you are searching "all content" in the little drop down to the left

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

:WRS:

You have definitely come to the right place @dclarke has got a boss setup and maybe he could put up a link to his build thread ...if you show us :text-coolphotos: of your :wh:! :)

Here is another I found.

Gibbs34567

Thanks for the welcome and replies. I will post some pictures when weather allows. I have a single stage short chute. 

Achto

:WRS:

• Thanks 1

dclarke

Here’s my thread on a tall chute blower. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Denny, you weren't  supposed to post that 'till we saw his horse! I was trying to extort pics from him! :ychain: That sure is an awesome setup tho, you set the bar pretty high! 

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs: Gibbs.   

Edited by Ed Kennell

dclarke
16 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

Denny, you weren't  supposed to post that 'till we saw his horse! I was trying to extort pics from him! :ychain: That sure is an awesome setup tho, you set the bar pretty high! 

Jim, I just copied what I've seen others do in the past. That's what is so great about this forum, people sharing their ideas and knowledge with others. 

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Gibbs34567

I promise once it is cleaned up I will summit pics of my 312-H. I had a 416-H with the same blower in a previous life (first marriage) Unfortunately I have the older style blower with the cable and spool to position the chute. This is why I want to shift to the motorized chute, spool is a pain!

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Thanks 1