Devin

C-175

Devin

Bought a C-175 a month ago Havent been able to get it running yet but when I do I would like to be able to use it I bought it without a deck and I want to know if there are any compatible decks or if I have to buy a original one because from what I have seen those are rare and expensive

Edited by Devin

953 nut
3 minutes ago, Devin said:

any compatible decorations or if I have to buy a original one

If you are talking about decal sets you can get hold of Redo Your Horse, Terry makes great decals for :wh:.

http://www.redoyourhorse.com/c-105-c-125-c-145-c-165-c-175-c-195-blackhoods/

953 nut

Wondered about that.  This list has all :wh: attachments and what they fit.

WH Interchange 1955-2000.pdf

• Thanks 1

Devin
17 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Wondered about that.  This list has all :wh: attachments and what they fit.

WH Interchange 1955-2000.pdf

Thank you! But now I'm stuck because I am not sure what size deck it would need

oldredrider

Your yard size usually determines what size deck you need. 48" for larger yard, 42" for a smaller yard or one with a lot of obstacles.

• Like 2

Devin
2 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Your yard size usually determines what size deck you need. 48" for larger yard, 42" for a smaller yard or one with a lot of obstacles.

Ok so whatever one I want?

Wishin4a416

Decks are really pretty plentiful. Some junk and some very nice ones. Craigs list should be very helpful.

• Like 2

Devin
3 minutes ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Decks are really pretty plentiful. Some junk and some very nice ones. Craigs list should be very helpful.

Arent only certain ones interchangeable with these tho? Because ive seen soke deck on Craigslist nearby in decent shape for 50-100$ but I didnt think they would work 

Skipper

Do not know what you mean with soke deck, but all 42 to 48 WH decks from that era will fit.

42's are plentiful and rather cheap, 48's a bit harder to find, and more costly.

42RD if you do not want side spray of clippings in your flower beds

Post a pic of it, and we can tell you if it will fit.

Edited by Skipper

Devin
2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Do not know what you mean with soke deck, but all 42 to 48 WH decks from that era will fit.

It was supposed to say seen I'm on my phone sorry small buttons, but ive never seen a wheel horse deck on Craigslist I just saw one on eBay about 2 hours away for 200$ it has small stress cracks where the bolts go and needs a idler pulley is 200$ to much? I dont even have that much to spend on fixing the tractor at the moment

Skipper

Do not worry. We all have spelling mishaps ;-)

Well I am not sure of prices in florida, or what deck you are looking at, so really cant say. Up north you get a lot of deck for 200, and also some decent ones for way less.

There are people who think they are made of gold, but also some realistic people out there too ;-)

I have often seen what appears to be OK 42" decks advertised at around the 75-100$ marker 

If you have a big lawn, you could consider a swept front axle and a 60" light duty deck. I have heard that is doable, and your 175 can pull it off I think, but that would set you back even more $$

What you are looking for, is a deck with a mounting system like this:

I assume you have the mule drive to drive it?

Just checked CL for your area. There is a complete tractor in kissimmee advertised at 150. Looks like a parts tractor, and it appears to have a deck. Cant comment on condition. :-)

Heck, you can even part it out and have a free deck and a few 100$ in the pocket I would guess.

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 2

953 nut
4 hours ago, Skipper said:

mule drive to drive it

Great point @Skipper, Best to get a deck that has a mule drive with it unless the tractor has one already.

s-l1600.jpg

I have a personal preference for a 42" Rear Discharge deck. The clippings go out the back so the fly wheel screen won't be picking up clippings interfering with  cooling the engine.

• Like 1

Devin
4 hours ago, Skipper said:

Do not worry. We all have spelling mishaps ;-)

Well I am not sure of prices in florida, or what deck you are looking at, so really cant say. Up north you get a lot of deck for 200, and also some decent ones for way less.

There are people who think they are made of gold, but also some realistic people out there too ;-)

I have often seen what appears to be OK 42" decks advertised at around the 75-100$ marker 

If you have a big lawn, you could consider a swept front axle and a 60" light duty deck. I have heard that is doable, and your 175 can pull it off I think, but that would set you back even more $$

What you are looking for, is a deck with a mounting system like this:

I assume you have the mule drive to drive it?

Just checked CL for your area. There is a complete tractor in kissimmee advertised at 150. Looks like a parts tractor, and it appears to have a deck. Cant comment on condition. :-)

Heck, you can even part it out and have a free deck and a few 100$ in the pocket I would guess.

2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Great point @Skipper, Best to get a deck that has a mule drive with it unless the tractor has one already.

s-l1600.jpg

I have a personal preference for a 42" Rear Discharge deck. The clippings go out the back so the fly wheel screen won't be picking up clippings interfering with  cooling the engine.

Mine does have the mule drive thinf on the front and I'll have to check out the mower in kissimmie 

• Like 1

953 nut

The only other caution that comes to mind is to be sure it came from a garden tractor with a horizontal engine crank shaft rather than a lawn tractor with a vertical crank.

Devin
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

The only other caution that comes to mind is to be sure it came from a garden tractor with a horizontal engine crank shaft rather than a lawn tractor with a vertical crank.

Alright the tractor in kissimmee looks good and I need a couple other parts like the rear fender and the rims so that might be a good buy

• Thanks 1

953 nut
47 minutes ago, Devin said:

tractor in kissimmee looks good and I need a couple other parts like the rear fender

If this is the one you are looking at be aware that the rear fender is plastic and they tend to crack, but for the price if the deck is good you get the C-145 for free.

00F0F_jvfe762vTbL_1200x900.jpg

Devin
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

If this is the one you are looking at be aware that the rear fender is plastic and they tend to crack, but for the price if the deck is good you get the C-145 for free.

00F0F_jvfe762vTbL_1200x900.jpg

Yeah i know they crack thats why i need it mine is really badly cracked

• Thanks 1

953 nut

Lots of people have used the later rear fenders from 300 and 400 series to replace the plastic ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Devin
5 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Lots of people have used the later rear fenders from 300 and 400 series to replace the plastic ones.

20171211_192556.jpg

20171211_192606.jpg

• Sad 1

SylvanLakeWH

What 953Nut says...Thats what PO did with mine...Much better I think...

The cocktail on the hood is my Black Hood toasting a welcome to your Black Hood!!!T

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Devin
6 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

What 953Nut says...Thats what PO did with mine...Much better I think...

The cocktail on the hood is my Black Hood toasting a welcome to your Black Hood!!!T

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

I got to hear the m18 on my tractor roar for the first time since I got her a month ago i poured some gas in the carb and kept pouring it so it ran for a little bit and now I have officialy ruled it that i need a new fuel pump! After I get one it should run amazing I dont even know if the transmission works yet so that's the scary part as of right now

Edited by Devin
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Devin, my advice. Dont buy anything till you get your machine running. That should be your first order of business. Just a comment.  Seems foolish to me is all.

Glenn

oliver2-44

Since your in Florida search the classifieds on here. Several months ago someone was selling a lot of WH and other tractors stuf helping to slowly liquidate an estate 

Devin
3 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Devin, my advice. Dont buy anything till you get your machine running. That should be your first order of business. Just a comment.  Seems foolish to me is all.

Glenn

What about that parts tractor though 

1 minute ago, oliver2-44 said:

Since your in Florida search the classifieds on here. Several months ago someone was selling a lot of WH and other tractors stuf helping to slowly liquidate an estate 

i looked through about 4 pages of the classifieds earlier and didnt find much a couple decks for 200-300$ actually there was one for 20$ and it was apparently in decent shape but its all the wsy up in michigan and it said local pickup only