Lost Pup

Loading Tires - First Use With FEL - New Tire Inflator

Lost Pup

Installed a new set of tires on the 416H Loader. Hi-Run brand, 16 x 6.5 4 ply for the front set, 23 x 10.5 for the rear. Cleaned up and painted the rims with new tubes added. I used an old pump sprayer and a extension tire hose to fill the tires. I removed the valve stem from the new tube and the extension hose. I just cut the sprayer hose and it was a good fit right over the extension hose end. Filled the tank with the WW fluid and just used the pump handle to fill the tires. I could also open the black relief valve and pressurize the tank with a rubbed tipped air nozzle as an option. My daughter wanted to help so the slower way was more fun for her.  Worked perfectly.

Not much snow fall but allot of ice and tires seems to plant well as I changed from foward to reverse. 

The new digital tire inflator ( Amazon $30 ) is just fantatic.....I normally use the tire extension hose threaded on to the tire valves first, the extra length keeps the gauge inflator out of harms way . The brass chuck hold the tire valve really snugly. No air leaks at all when filling the tires. Filling truck/car tires I do not use the extension unless I am filling the truck spare under the read bed.

Here a few pics:

1-IMG_3182.JPG.f1d5e5763365d35b61c09b53368779c4.JPG

3-IMG_3186.JPG.d1084802a5adddb7e3e397717473139a.JPG4-IMG_3188.JPG.1745fe052f719db08169403089463acd.JPG7-IMG_3318.JPG.c6a25b510ef2095e50eaace3a6bfccc8.JPG

6-IMG_3317.JPG

Edited by Lost Pup
  • Like 7

Ed Kennell

:text-bravo::text-goodpost::thanks:

• Like 2

Sarge

Be careful when checking air pressure with liquid-filled tires , some of those digital gauges will let the magic smoke out if the fluid feeds back into the gauge . The liquid weights sure make a difference in how the tires bite - just respect that inertia weight against the transmission and keep those hubs tight .

Sarge

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

That should make a difference.

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:          I learned the importance of using vice grips on the valve stem the hard way.     :techie-eureka:     Weighted tires make a big difference.

3-IMG_3186.JPG.d1084802a5adddb7e3e397717473139a.JPG

Lost Pup
7 hours ago, Sarge said:

Be careful when checking air pressure with liquid-filled tires , some of those digital gauges will let the magic smoke out if the fluid feeds back into the gauge . The liquid weights sure make a difference in how the tires bite - just respect that inertia weight against the transmission and keep those hubs tight .

Sarge

I think the extension hose will help ( maybe ) protect the gauge a bit. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-bravo::text-goodpost::thanks:

:text-yeahthat:

Lost Pup

Link To AstroAL Digital Inflator

Here is the link to the Inflator for those with interest. I tested it against 3 different ( Older ) gauges and it was spot on. The backlight is extremely helpful with auto on and auto off.  Its now showing $23.99 with coupon, always happens after I buy it.