Sign in to follow this  
brettski19

Tecumseh H 60

brettski19

Hey everyone,

I have a 66 lawn ranger that I am restoring. It doesn't have to be exact but I want it close. My problem is that I need a new carb but cannot figure out which one I need. I don't know if the motor on the tractor is original but it doesn't matter cause the data plate is gone. The old carb cracked and has been welded at some point. It has lauson, grafton wisconsin on the bowl and a couple of numbers stamped on the housing but I think it just represents the date of manufacture. I have found quite a few carbs that look exact visually but want it right. I bought a new shortblock for it and the carb is next but which one? Any help will be appreciated. Like I said, I have seen new tecumseh carbs that will bolt up, linkage will hook up just like stock but the jets could be different and the throat size of the carb too. But if they say they are for h60 they should work right? Thanks in advance.

Brett

Michael Bullington

i use part number Tecumseh 631828 / 631067,, not sure if its correct, but my engines run good with it :thumbs:

sorekiwi

i use part number Tecumseh 631828 / 631067,, not sure if its correct, but my engines run good with it :thumbs:

Where do you buy them, Michael? I seem to remember you posting that you paid about $60 for them, RCPW lists them for $90...

Kelly

I'm looking for one or two also, I have the price of a new one into buying and rebuilding used ones :thumbs: not counting the hair pulling, and I don't have much to pull any more :whistle:

Michael Bullington

heres where i got the last one

http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/shop/h...retors5306.html

if you notice the numbers are H60-75388K,,,most of my H60's are pre H60-75388K, but they run well with this carb (example H60-75063B), but I dont think they even make the correct carb for the older tecumsehs anymore, but honestly I cant find whats different...someone will really have to know their stuff to know the difference. Or maybe it just me :thumbs:

brettski19

Thanks fellas, I will look up those numbers and post the number carb I thought it was. Some have obvious differences but most look identical.

brettski19

Yeah thats one of the carbs I had in mind(631828)also 632230 looks like the right one also. I asked small engine suppliers to send me specs on both carbs and the specs sheets looked exactly the same. Maybe a tecumseh carb expert will chime in soon and shed some light for all of us.

Buzz

As Michael (Stone Henge) said, # 631828 is about as close as you can get to matching the original. I put one on my 68 Lawn Ranger and am pleased with the results. They cost around $90 though............. :thumbs:

brettski19

ok, sounds good to me. 631828 it is then. It is at small engine suppliers for 63 bucks. Thanks everyone. Look for more of my posts, I am sure I will need more help soon!

Kelly

I just ordered mine, if it works good, I'll be buying two more, in the pic I see one diff. that is no bowl drain, all my older tuckys have one, but that don't make it run :thumbs:

Buzz

Having no bowl drain is a plus in my book, they always dripped after a while. Of course the bowls are the same size so the old one can be swapped if that's what you want to do. I seem to remember that the idle speed screw (not the idle fuel mixture) had a torx (?) head but I replaced it with the old one.

Kelly

I just got mine today, fast shipping very good price $75 shipped to the door I will be waiting for a touch warmer weather to try it out, but it looks almost exactly the same, with minor few diff, but if it make the old girl run better I don't care.