NJhorses

c105 stuck in gear

NJhorses

Rolled  my tractor up on the trailer. When i went get it off acted like it was in gear. Jacked up the rear and one tire spins one way and the other the other way. Ideas ?

953 nut

Sounds like the shift forks have it in two gears at once. Do the following steps and it should be fixed.

5a2c93b3b647c_WheelHorseshifterforks.jpg.fa9accb5613c2e005839cbcb5afa4d51.jpg

If your shift lever comes out of the transmission or is stuck in one gear first back out the “Dog-point” screw that retained the shifter. Take a look in the hole the shifter came out of to be sure it is in neutral as shown above.

Inspect the dog-point to be sure it is in good condition and back off on the locking nut a couple of turns. Insert the shifter and run the dog-point into the dimple in the shift lever collar snugging it up with an allen wrench, don’t tighten it. Be sure the shifter works smoothly then tighten the lock nut while holding the dog-point steady with the allen wrench.

• Like 5

NJhorses

Thank you kind of thought that might be it. have to wait a couple days till i get back from a trip Tuesday . Didnt know about the Dog Point sxrew.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Hope 953's fix works!

Keep us posted - My C-105 can't sleep well knowing one of its cousins is out of commission!!!

• Haha 1

stevasaurus

Just so you know...jacking up the rear end and turning one of the tires and watching the other one turn in the opposite direction, only checks out the axle gears and pinions inside the differential.  The transmission can be either in or out of gear and the same thing will happen.  You have to try to hand turn the input shaft to tell what gear, or neutral you are in.  You will not be able to turn the input shaft if it is locked up.  Do this by hand to check...not by running the engine.  :)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

NJhorses

Going to try today was on a road trip for last 2 days Ill let you know

• Like 1

NJhorses

so I went to work on my problem and the tractor rolled when i leaned on it. Long story short found it had water in the trans /diff. Not sure how it got there has been covered all summer was not used last winter. hoping there is not a lot of damage as it was only around freezing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

It can happen just with condensation...probably no damage, but a good flush (kerosene) and fresh 90 wt would be the right thing to do.  :)

• Like 1

953 nut

Glad it was nothing expensive. When you drain the transmission be sure to jack up the front end of the tractor because there is a hump in the bottom of the casting that will prevent complete draining if you don't.