squonk

It's coming sooner than you think

Big_Red_Fred
16 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-offtopic:           @Big_Red_Fred and @ACman, Please have the costume party after lunch on Saturday. I will be on the road by then and what has been seen can't be unseen! A ten hour trip with those images in my head could be dangerous.     :ychain:

Yes ill think ill pass on the party, 1st i must introduce myself to the Club, Yes Dick & Jim, ya have to meet the old Meat Bag in person

32 minutes ago, ACman said:

I’ll wear some swim goggles , flippers and snorkel tell everyone thought I was going to beach... 595DD6D1-4F5B-460B-9A78-9B11430AE699.gif.97e82d5c2657ca2e5e720117e23e11ff.gif..... :ROTF:

I think my Kids would say i fit the Mermaid Man the best, fuzzy slippers & all LOL, Off to the Invisable Boat Laddy 

Big Fred & RichieMermaid_Man_and_Barnacle_Boy.jpg.964c9f40766311a44cd2db05f0a3e2cf.jpg

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@953 nut Dick I agree with you , I only have about 3 1/2 hour drive and I don't want visions of @ACman and @Big_Red_Fred floating around while I am on  81 or 95 headed south 

• Haha 4

19richie66

Ill roll with ya @Big_Red_Fred but I’ll have to wear welding goggles to protect my eyes. I have 14 hours to drive and I can’t end up in an emergency room somewhere in Georgia. :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred
22 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@953 nut Dick I agree with you , I only have about 3 1/2 hour drive and I don't want visions of @ACman and @Big_Red_Fred floating around while I am on  81 or 95 headed south 

Hahahaha man what a day that will be

• Like 1

Pullstart

Got one step closer to the big show last weekend, we got an EZPass for all the danged tolls between here and there!

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Wont get there till late Wed night as usual.

See you all Thursday Morning.

5aa075518ce74_bigshowmap.png.2f643bfb4f9d55f057b24baee27e8b07.png

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard

Thanks for the free advertising Terry.

5aa090ceaac75_5aa075518ce74_bigshowmap.png.2f643bfb4f9d55f057b24baee27e8b070101.png.067b27cc39ede67e6c859e91e110b961.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut

Bob @rmaynard, Where will the Red Square group picture be taken?

squonk
8 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Thanks for the free advertising Terry.

5aa090ceaac75_5aa075518ce74_bigshowmap.png.2f643bfb4f9d55f057b24baee27e8b070101.png.067b27cc39ede67e6c859e91e110b961.png

Nothing about "Squonk's Corner" though! :angry-tappingfoot: :)

953 nut
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Nothing about "Squonk's Corner" though! :angry-tappingfoot: :)

5aa11f5a032f8_Mike.scorner.jpg.b73fa7a43f7746de93e349ed1f7cfd99.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

rmaynard
11 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Bob @rmaynard, Where will the Red Square group picture be taken?

Last year I was so busy that I didn't even have time to walk around the show much less organize a group picture.

If someone else would like to take on that job this year, I would appreciate it. :help:

• Like 1

WHX??
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, pullstart said:

got an EZPass for all the danged tolls

That's one of the major things keeping me from going this year... those tolls. Last time I paid well over 200 in tolls. That dipped a lot into reserves I coulda better spent on resto parts or at Terry's or Glen's booth at the show.  Would cringe every time the toll dude would hang out his window and start counting axles. Good thing he wasn't charging by weight! A guy could bypass the interstates but that adds quite a bit of time on the trip since you can't just hop on the slab and put the hammer down!

Is the ezpass thing any cheaper? How does the ezpass thing know how many axles you have?

Signed

No toll roads in Wisconsin

• Like 2

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

That's one of the major things keeping me from going this year... those tolls. Last time I paid well over 200 in tolls. That dipped a lot into reserves I coulda better spent on resto parts or at Terry's or Glen's booth at the show.  Would cringe every time the toll dude would hang out his window and start counting axles. Good thing he wasn't charging by weight! A guy could bypass the interstates but that adds quite a bit of time on the trip since you can't just hop on the slab and put the hammer down!

Is the ezpass thing any cheaper? How does the ezpass thing know how many axles you have?

Signed

No toll roads in Wisconsin

Yeah, no tolls in MI either but we seem to frequent trips to Chicago for airport pick ups or flights out it seems (chasing our German exchange "daughter" student from a few years back) so it seemed like it was time.  The signs say save 35-50% on tolls depending on what state you travel, this was our first trip so I haven't yet seen the bill but we travelled from MI to Washington DC and paid cash the whole way there while we waited for our transponder to be registered.  Seems every state has a different pay schedule, but in OH where we purchased it, it was $12 up front that gets credited towards tolls and when we registered they charged another $13 making a $25 balance.  A charge card is on file that they auto pay themselves from, and they maintain a $25 balance OR your average monthly toll usage, and it pings once your balance is below $10.  There's a $.75 monthly charge for inactivity too.  Sounds like a lot, but say you save the minimum 35% on that $200, there's $70 in your pocket that you might have spent on one trip before.

Not sure on axle counts, they have about a bazillion cameras on the EZ pass lanes so maybe the transponder pings the cameras that count axles.  I chose to not bring a trailer and just load my pickup bed for this year's trip, to save on tolls especially.  Also to prevent me from making more purchases at the big show than I need!

Also, you can register more than one vehicle on a transponder (his and hers, etc.) and they have Velcro strips that adhere them to your windshield behind your rearview mirror.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

@WHX14  if you take the southern route it is all freeway and it only adds about 1 hour to the trip.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

90 -39-80-65-70  in Penn catch 79-68-81   or  90-39-74-70 in Penn catch 79-68-81  it is just that 1st toll in Illinois.  All interstate freeway.

• Like 2

Vinylguy

:text-yeahthat:

Pullstart
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, pullstart said:

I'm expecting a flogging for this, but what are the dates of the 2018 show?  I'm hoping that maybe possibly this year I can actually make it!  I don't make chimi-chongas or rock n rye, but I got a 502 and a new diesel Colorado on order to haul it!

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, WHX14 said:

:wwp:

Well it's here!  I picked it up yesterday afternoon and have put 72 miles on it since delivery (6 on the odometer when I picked it up) and I'm hooked up to my 14' flat bed to haul 3000 pounds of steel siding tomorrow for a first workout!  No good pictures yet, but it's already filthy from the little spits of snow we've had the last couple days.  Really road commission?  You put salt down when it's melting as soon as it hits my driveway?

• Like 3

Pullstart

So far, I've got more miles on it with a trailer, than without!  I was a hopeful skeptic.. It's rated at 7700 lbs towing but so hard to believe from just a 4 cylinder.  This is my second load of wood today and I also pulled a 4000# trailer of steel siding for my father in law today and I can hardly feel the trailers behind me!  I love the exhaust brake and the trailer brake control too!

IMG_5419.JPG

• Like 3

19richie66

Very nice. That should haul a horse or two. :handgestures-thumbup:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

Racinbob

Great looking truck. Not all that long ago the saying was 'there's no substitution for cubic inches'. It amazes me how much power they now crank out with the smaller engines. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Looks good Pullstart :handgestures-thumbupright: enjoy it! They say the best way to break in a diesel is to run her loaded... looks like you got that covered! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

I might have to change my username to PullStuff!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 3