ti-jean

Onan p216g still surging on wheel horse h516

ti-jean

Hi all for one years did'n have problem so went I try how my tractor was run to be ready for the winter the engin begin to surging up and down wen it was warm so this week I remove to the top of the carb was very dirty in there so I take all the intake from the engine and get a good clean all so remove the gas tank and and get a good clean I also replace a few piece of the gas line so now I try to figure what is going rung no air leak from the intake I also check the carb gasket no air leak there wen the engin is warm I engage the pto  and  begin to surge for gas again if I put juste a bit of choke engin begin to run smooth  and even  after Il open top of the carb again remove all the inside parts pray so Suzuki carb cleaner put the top of the carb try it again everything was OK even with the pto engage few minute later vroum vroum vroum again .

help :( 

• Sad 1

squonk

Try adding a good dose of Seafoam engine treatment to the tank.

• Excellent 1

Jerry77

This may not help you, but my 516 was doing the same thing - used the seafoam and it helped, but not enough.. I put an electric fuel pump on it and haven't had a problem since then...if you do the same thing , be sure to mount the pump at or below the level of the bottom of the fuel tank...it pushes much better  than it pulls.and put an inline fuse on it too....( I added a switch to shut it off if I wanted the key on for other purposes)  ..:)

• Excellent 1

953 nut

Mike and Jerry have given you very good advice.                 :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

lynnmor

If using the choke improves the operation, you still didn't clean the carburetor completely.  Be sure that the welch plug above the idle mixture screw is intact.  There are small passages behind that plug and you will need a new one if you remove it for cleaning.

• Like 1

ti-jean

Hi today it is Santa miracle :D first again I replace all the fuel line for 5/16 instead of 1/4 size and add 1/4 bottel of seafoam  full gas tank 91 octane gas the engine run like the devil in person  smooth and nice idel all so with the pto engage now it I am sit in on my sofa in front of my fire place waiting for snow :lol: real dont know if it is the size of the gas line a replace for biger size or the seafoam but in important thing the and all running fine .

thank's every buddy for your help :canada:

• Excellent 1