Sarge

56" D blade leveling

Sarge

Since I've finally got some time with this D and not puking oil all over itself it's time to address a few small issues . Biggest one right now is how that blade engages the ground - it always wants to sit a few inches lower on the right side and always puts more force on that side as well . When I rebuilt the frame I made certain it was squared and flat to the head part and the blade - it still measures out perfectly with the rear mount and the blade's cutting edge staying on the same plane . But , trying to do light grading work and leveling material it always wants to cut more on that right side - I suspect part of this is the weight of that handle , the solid steel cross shafts and sub frame for the whole assembly . With those parts previously cut loose I was quite surprised at just how heavy that stuff was - probably close to 35lbs of steel . With that weight hanging off one side of the frame I suspect that's the root cause of the issue - anyone got an opinion on this or ran across the same issue ?

I've considered either adding weight to the left side of the blade or maybe add a spring to the frame to help correct it - what have others done or am I by myself on this , lol ??

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

953 nut

:unsure:               Have you checked to see if one of the springs isn't as strong as the other?

5a2afc35b93d2_snowplow004.JPG.2cb7d063b986333f9a3379c8e97cdc30.JPG

JC 1965

I have the same thing with my 48" blade. I don't know what the fix is.     :confusion-confused:

WVHillbilly520H

I wonder if the rear hitch couldn't be shimmed on the opposite side to help with this effectively (in theory) causing the moldboard to level itself out, (I'm pretty sure I bent/twisted the A-frame while pushing a large cedar stump across the yard years ago and just haven't worried to much about it) I usually use the rear rake and blade for grading, Jeff.

Sarge

The springs won't have hardly any effect on the blade other than the tension to prevent tripping - the 56" uses 4 of them and they are in great shape . Shimming the rear hitch isn't a bad idea - it would help to pre-load the frame to compensate for that extra weight from the direction/latch assembly as those parts and mountings are really heavy steel . Those shafts are solid 1" material alone and the mount plate is 1/4" thick .

5a2c0870823a0_installed_61.jpg.051cb3edbb669a67d63da46b8cf4413d.jpg

I'll have to see if I can put a piece of 1/4" plate or something between the rear axle housing and that frame mount for the blade - maybe that would help . The frame is dead square and flat from one end to the other at the blade's pivot point and has been seriously beefed up .

Sarge

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Bill Winn
      By Bill Winn
      For sale. 1981 WH C-175 Kohler twin series 1

1. Tractor has brand new ag tires all the way around, brand new seat, new points and condenser, new rear blade quick attach bracket, lights have been rewired with LEDs, it has a brand new lift cable and bracket,seat pan is from a 410... it's surface rusted but at least it isn't busted up like the oem plastic one, starts and runs but smokes a bit on startup if it's been sitting for months but she runs smooth and strong.

2. Tiller is like new. It had been used only about once when I bought it and now it has been used 4 times more. Tines still have much of the factory paint on them.

3. 42" mower deck works perfectly, 4. snow blade was/ is rough but I repaired it so it is quite functional,

4. Brand new rear grader blade,

5. Wheel Horse brand plow,

6. Wheel Horse brand disc- I added a piece of motorgrader blade for a drag. I also welded a post to the top to hold weights,

7. Wheel Horse brand cultivator,

8. Home built furrower. (Makes good rows)

The original Wheel Horse plow/disc/cultivator originally came as a modular kit and in order to use it the draw bar and clevis hitch had to be swapped back and forth. (big pain) I fabricated draw bars and hitches onto each piece so this is no longer necessary.
      I think this is a fair asking price at $2200 for all.

• WH1618speed
      By WH1618speed
      1965 Wheel Horse 855 with 42" blade and chains 

Runs good
      Sheet metal is very straight, great candidate for restoration. 
      Missing Belt guard 
      Will sell tractor by itself for $500 without blade and chains 
      Blade is straight and lots of cutting edge left... just a little rusty. 

Text, call, or email with any questions. If you call and I don't answer please leave a voicemail with your name and number. Thanks!

I can also deliver to the big show in Arendtsville, PA... IF you prepay. 

Facebook Marketplace link with more pics: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/598023068755689?rid=229092436403311&ad_id&rt=1&refID=0&refType=0&referral_code=commerce_attachment

• Joe Warren
      By Joe Warren
      New Old Stock Toro/Wheel Horse Blade Kit #117192
      This kit contains three # 116207 blades
      Diagonal length:               14”
      Blade width:                       2"
      Center hole:                       3/4” diameter
      Used On:                             42” Side Discharge Mower   (1989 - 1992)   Models:  05-42SY01, 05-42SY02, 05-42SY03, 05-42RY01, 78415, 38" Side Discharge Mower Model 05-38SY01
      $49 per kit which includes shipping within US lower 48
      Two kits available

Thank you
      Joeww121@gmail.com

• Marc M.
      By Marc M.
      Hi guys I'm new to the wheelhorse world and i recently picked up a for 416-H and I'm looking to buy/install a plow put on it. I have found one on craigslist but I can't tell if it will work on my tractor or not, it is a wheelhorse plow though. Can somebody please send a photo or even a video of how to hook up a plow to a 416 or equivalent tractor?
      Attached is my tractor and the plow I'm looking at. Will it fix and what's it missing ?!

• T-Mo
      By T-Mo-(Moderator)
      Drawing for both the short lift link, and the down pressure lift link for the front snow blade.

Short lift link 105052
      Long lift link 7706 most likely replaced by 7706-01

I drilled 3/8" holes in the bar and used 3/8" x 2-1/2" Gr.5 bolts. Cut the threads off.
      Weld the head of one bolt to the bar and try it for alignment. I ended up installing the 2nd bolt from the other direction and welding the head only. This provided 1/4" of offset and the pins are square to their attaching parts to minimise wear.
      Drill holes in the bolts perpendicular to the bar for spring pins. Use a countersink to ease the edges of the holes. 
      With the holes drilled like they are you now know where they are and you can instal the pins blindfolded.

With manual lift the float is built in - everything floats including the lift handle.
      With hydraulic lift the float is accomplished by connecting the bottom of the link to the slotted hole. Down pressure is still available when the pin hits the bottom of the slot.

Garry