19richie66

The world of Big Red Fred

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Sarge said:

I'm not knocking drivers as a whole - but there are some amazing idiots they let behind the wheel and that's scary . It's no different than the loose nuts allowed behind the average car - but compounded by that weight and size is the real problem . Replaced far too many rear ends , transmissions and other parts due to "driver error" and trucks being treated like sports cars - hence the anger . Not to mention our local farmers and their lack of desire for maintenance and waiting until the last possible minute to demand a piece of equipment put back into service that sat , broken - all summer long . I've asked more than one if they thought perhaps the dumb thing would heal itself from it's last abuse somehow...lol .

I do truly thank the drivers that respect us out on the roads when we are out there working - they are my allies in the fight against the idiots that try so hard to run us over . The last time I got hit the only person that cared to stop was a semi driver as an example .

Sarge

No offense whatsoever taken here Sarge. No worries at all. I like to think I am one of the professional commercial drivers.... most of the time. LOL. Although, I have definitely had my occasions where I can be a real pita.

elcamino/wheelhorse

I do have  comments on the photo of BRF.

1. Is it really him or a photo shop ?

2. Is the grease on the camera lens?

3. He can't get that dirty as much as he talks.

4. Who talks more BRF or @857 horse ( Howard are you out there ?)

5. Heaven help the north east tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I do have  comments on the photo of BRF.

1. Is it really him or a photo shop ?

2. Is the grease on the camera lens?

3. He can't get that dirty as much as he talks.

4. Who talks more BRF or @857 horse ( Howard are you out there ?)

5. Heaven help the north east tonight. 

I'm a good 6 or 7 hours drive from where he's going to be so I hope we will be okay up here in Maine.

If I hear any loud Rumblings I'll know that there's something cooking down there.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
7 hours ago, Sarge said:

I can spot a diesel mechanic anywhere - you , sir fit the bill to a tee...

I know how BRF got his demeanor - it's from dealing with truck drivers all day , been there , done that . Got tired of throwing tools at fools so I left that profession for the most part but I still get peppered with questions from friends that are drivers , and they wonder why I have a bad temper..

Sarge

I must be one of those drivers too :ROTF:our mechanic is always telling me I'm a major pain in his backside...I just tell him I'm keeping him in job security

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Professor1990 said:

I must be one of those drivers too :ROTF:our mechanic is always telling me I'm a major pain in his backside...I just tell him I'm keeping him in job security

That's RIGHT !!

Techs and mechanics would have nothing to do if it wasn't for us drivers and operators busting up machinery and Rigs all the time!

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

@Big_Red_Fred...i won't beat you up to bad...just change the Mahindra to :wh:, Jeff.

Screenshot_2017-01-03-19-37-22.png

• Like 3

Sarge

The unfortunate problem with today's trucks it's power vs parts - something has to give . Just because it will run 80mph uphill doesn't necessarily mean you should do it , unless you like getting yelled at . There are also a ton of new issues cropping up with the electronic systems and especially the newer engines designed to run with them to meet emissions - they really are releasing stuff without much real world testing - it seems to go in cycles . A lot of the relationship between drivers and techs is whether or not the driver is willing to listen - there are things with working on a big rig that will drive most people to suicide , someone that abuses those parts is risking a wrench to the head for the resulting aggravation . Not to mention , just because it's big and wide open doesn't mean getting to various parts is easy - just look in any mechanic's tool box at all the modified and very expensive tools ...

A good 90% of the rig drivers I encounter on the highways are quite respectful to us working on the roads . I see so much truly bone-headed behavior from the general Public in relation to those trucks it's amazing - cutting off or in front of something that weighs 40+ tons is really stupid . People have little respect for how hard that job is for those drivers , if they acted accordingly it would sure help .

Sarge

Edited by Sarge
grammar
  • Like 4

ohiofarmer

Three men are peeing in a puddle and your job is to figure out which one is a Diesel mechanic.

It's the guy who leaves a rainbow color sheen on the water.....................

i hear when Fred goes out on a date, if the woman wants him to take her home, she tries to lure him in by putting a dab of #2 behind her ear.   Ok, you guys we are talking about #2 Diesel fuel for sure, but in Fred's  case maybe either kind would work after enough chimichongas...

But in all seriousness, i really like Fred. He is good people. He better show up at the Big Show this year or it will be "Fred on a stick".

• Haha 6

Big_Red_Fred
7 hours ago, Sarge said:

The unfortunate problem with today's trucks it's power vs parts - something has to give . Just because it will run 80mph uphill doesn't necessarily mean you should do it , unless you like getting yelled at . There are also a ton of new issues cropping up with the electronic systems and especially the newer engines designed to run with them to meet emissions - they really are releasing stuff without much real world testing - it seems to go in cycles . A lot of the relationship between drivers and techs is whether or not the driver is willing to listen - there are things with working on a big rig that will drive most people to suicide , someone that abuses those parts is risking a wrench to the head for the resulting aggravation . Not to mention , just because it's big and wide open doesn't mean getting to various parts is easy - just look in any mechanic's tool box at all the modified and very expensive tools ...

A good 90% of the rig drivers I encounter on the highways are quite respectful to us working on the roads . I see so much truly bone-headed behavior from the general Public in relation to those trucks it's amazing - cutting off or in front of something that weighs 40+ tons is really stupid . People have little respect for how hard that job is for those drivers , if they acted accordingly it would sure help .

Sarge

You have that right Sarge, it isn't easy being a Mechanic any more, just home from Jersey, all new Computer program, wants to know your every move & Second, its time to move on to better pastures

3 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Three men are peeing in a puddle and your job is to figure out which one is a Diesel mechanic.

It's the guy who leaves a rainbow color sheen on the water.....................

i hear when Fred goes out on a date, if the woman wants him to take her home, she tries to lure him in by putting a dab of #2 behind her ear.   Ok, you guys we are talking about #2 Diesel fuel for sure, but in Fred's  case maybe either kind would work after enough chimichongas...

But in all seriousness, i really like Fred. He is good people. He better show up at the Big Show this year or it will be "Fred on a stick".

Farmer, it may be Vagissil too, makes me thro a great fast ball hahahaha

• Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred
On 12/7/2017 at 6:55 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

@Big_Red_Fred...i won't beat you up to bad...just change the Mahindra to :wh:, Jeff.

Thanks Ole Buddy ! LOL

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

The Woman stood over me at Breakfast at Bob Evans & said NO MAKING A AZZZZZ OUT ME AT BIG SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Head began pounding, a reminder of the Rolling Pin Incident ! ;-)  Hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shed Find today, Free Horse1209171334.jpg.249400e57a2b0ac133cb626a1a7ae0cb.jpg

• Like 2

19richie66

Wow! Shaking my head. I must be living wrong.

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

So now we know that BRF has visited his two adorable grand daughters. I would not say it on that thread, but I will say it here...

Don't you DARE teach those sweet girls to "pull my finger" :unsure:  and then say........whoa--somebody step on a duck???:blink:

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  I'm thinking...

we're well past that stage.  :lol:

Image result for duck smiley

• Like 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

Don't you DARE teach those sweet girls to "pull my finger"

Sorry 'farmer but uuhhhh....

5 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

I'm thinking...

we're well past that stage

I gotta agree wit' Craig.

:ROTF:

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
On 12/11/2017 at 6:13 PM, ohiofarmer said:

So now we know that BRF has visited his two adorable grand daughters. I would not say it on that thread, but I will say it here...

Don't you DARE teach those sweet girls to "pull my finger" :unsure:  and then say........whoa--somebody step on a duck???:blink:

To Late, Pap got to them sweet kids hahaha, Pull my Finger Richy ;-)

• Haha 2

AMC RULES

:angry-nono: Remember, BRF drives The Chonga Express"  :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:angry-nono: Remember, BRF drives The Chonga Express"  :teasing-poke:

:11 to :16

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Big_Red_Fred

Hahahahaha you guys make me laugh, so hard im hacking up a Lung, oh richy my index finger is stretching out for you my buddy ;-) 

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred You are they only guy I know that can go to breakfast , get chewed out by the little lady and then have a shed find like that. So what model Black Hood is it ?

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

125, She's little alright, Thk god im not married to her ! She keeps insisting tho, Once was enuf, twice wiped me out hahaha, Now the Shed , im taking the horse to Richmond & droping at your place

Ive been finding a whole lot of black hoods here, Google Bob's Weld Shop ! Thats where they all come from

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Drop it off , I am sure I can find room even I have to move some of the wife's crap ( sorry meant stuff) out in the yard under a tarp :ROTF:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Big_Red_Fred
2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Drop it off , I am sure I can find room even I have to move some of the wife's crap ( sorry meant stuff) out in the yard under a tarp :ROTF:

Dont say that Jim, i'll Litter the Front Yard in RED

There are some yellow & orange too you guys dont see. 

elcamino/wheelhorse

At least it would cover up the leaves that have fallen in the last few days. Time for NCIS , this fun but got to check out Gibbs.

• Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred
53 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

:11 to :16

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey ! I'm sitting here on Boyd Road, where ya at driver