elcamino/wheelhorse

Lawn Vac Hose

elcamino/wheelhorse

I need to get  some new hose for my lawn vac  6 inch. Anybody know where I can purchase for a decent price ? Also there was a picture in one of the threads about leaf removal where one of the guys looked he done a mod on his vac to handle 4 inch hose for picking up leaves from flower beds. I cannot find  the picture to ask about the modification . I have been looking for 4 days now and I am sure it was in a thread this fall. Anyone have a clue ?

AMC RULES

Pretty sure it was Sarge who had a post about refurbishing his Trac Vac...

where he mentioned replacing the worn hose.  

Post #71 here...

Sarge

I had to replace the hose on my Mow n Vac due to the previous owners . It is suppose to use the 6" hose - it had the optional 5" on it that is meant for cleanup around shrubs and such . I hunted around at pricing on different sites for at least mid-quality range hose - none of that stuff is cheap . Agri-Fab sells the 6" in a 7' length for their equipment and it seems to be good quality - shipped it was right at $100 . They also sell the 5" size for the cleanup attachment option in up to a 12' length at a pretty reasonable cost compared to the aftermarket suppliers . Watch out for some of the "bargains" on bulk hose off places like Ebay - it will fall apart in the sun from UV and cannot handle the abrasive nature of what you'll pull through it for very long . There are a couple places that explain the different types of material used for those that don't know what works best for their application - that is the important part if you don't want to waste money and end up having to replace it again . Urethane is probably your best bet when it comes to microbial and bend damage , just fyi . Also , for a better seal and less damage at any connection points try to use the bridge type clamps versus the regular worm hose clamps - it's worth it .

https://wynnenv.com/products-page/leaf-hose-pricing/bridge-style-hose-clamps/

https://www.universalhoseandfittings.com/Articles.asp?ID=299

There's a great thread on MTF about this stuff -

http://www.mytractorforum.com/78-lawn-garden-tractor-accessories/489018-replacement-6-vacuum-hose-3.html

Depending upon what unit you have and it's flow rating - I'd try to stick with no less than a 5" hose . Remember , these things move a volume of air and are not so much a vacuum per say - it's the high air flow rate that makes them work . Use a hose that is too small and the cleaning effect will go down . I've spent more time than I care to think about using truck vac systems to remove dirt , water , gravel and such - most of those hoses are really heavy and large to move massive volumes of air - that volume is the key .

Sarge

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

When your 6 inch hose develops small holes etc use the Handy Man's Secret weapon . Duct Tape. The 6 inch hose on the vac wagon has  been duct taped over 15 years and counting. I was left the vac wagon my 87 year neighbor and best friend when he died in 1987 and lets say he was tight with money. He could make a penny scream before it left his hand.

AMC RULES

1Replacement leaf vac hose in stock & on sale now!!! 8" 10" 12" (Bridgeport ct)

WE CURRENTLY HAVE ALL LEAF VAC HOSE IN STOCK AND ON SALE.

GIVE US A CALL TODAY OR STOP BY. SHIPPING IS FLAT RATE $19.99 TO YOUR DOOR.

10" BLACK HOSE W/ LINER 10 FT LONG $199
12" BLACK HOSE W/ LINER 10 FT LONG $229

8" CLEAR HOSE W/ LINER 12 FT LONG $229
10" CLEAR HOSE W/ LINER 12 FT LONG $249
12" CLEAR HOSE W/ LINER 12 FT LONG $279

MERIT HARDWARE
70 HUNTINGTON TPKE
BRIDGEPORT CT 06610

WWW.MERITRENTALS.COM

• Thanks 1