PeacemakerJack

The Newest Arrival—

PeacemakerJack

And the prize goes to Mike!!!

:banana-rock:

Now that everyone knows what I’m chasing, let’s hear some stories about your experiences with the “Super C”!  :popcorn:

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Madison is in the rear view mirror! 

CFD8AC4D-F5FB-47F4-83FC-09BDFCE73046.jpeg.f5ecbe75fb08f7115fe64bfbdc8580fe.jpeg

Traffic was steady but nothing like it will be in 30-40 minutes:ranting:

At the stop my traveling buddy woke up and said the famous line, “Are we there yet?”

A54C6EF0-0E74-44F9-8E27-8B1B6F1D2FB6.jpeg.61b84d5aa0e14b8dc2a46b23c3b67629.jpeg

“No son, ONLY 360 miles to go though!”

Next stop—Dubuque

• Like 7

prondzy

Well i dont have a c195 but i hear they are a real beast! Cant wait to see yours up close Josh. 

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

If you guys come down for Portage next summer, you can take him for a spin!!!:auto-driving:

For those of you from warmer climates and to document for my story here—it’s cold today!

E62B4B5B-CD5F-482D-8EE1-83E3DA5B805E.png.6cd59c8e579e43549b214ab49ba96839.png

diesels don’t give the best fuel economy when it is this cold!

• Sad 2

WHX??

Too many clues Josh ...these guys know their horses!

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

I had no doubt that they’d get it sooner than later.  

Now I’m interested to see who all owns or has owned one.  I believe that @Aldon had one a year or two ago. Maybe he’ll chime in...

Achto

Josh, Just a suggestion: I'm not sure of your whole route but it looks like you may be on I90. On your way home you could avoid Madison traffic by getting off at Hwy26 & run that north. It's pretty good road until you get close to Beaver Dam.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 4

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Achto said:

Josh, Just a suggestion: I'm not sure of your whole route but it looks like you may be on I90. On your way home you could avoid Madison traffic by getting off at Hwy26 & run that north. It's pretty good road until you get close to Beaver Dam.

I'm sure that's a fine suggestion and all. But, I'm going to make a better one. You just head east until you get past New Hampshire. I'll keep that tractor up here in Maine for you and exercise it every once in awhile.

• Haha 4

PeacemakerJack

A quick Breakfast stop in Dubuque!

4698D813-870F-4CD2-8461-F72187A868A0.jpeg.7588b06718fe23e0d4f22a295fd5ed3a.jpeg

zach—I know you’d be a great employee but if I don’t come home with you, momma will kill me!

0C4EAD22-7591-491F-BABF-E772EB6E62A0.jpeg.cb0a63aab0a4effdea4cfec2a6f78b8f.jpeg

Can’t wait to see this thing loaded!

—good suggestion Dan, I’ll keep that in mind for the return trip. Thanks—

next stop—Cedar Rapids...

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 4

Sarge

If I had known there was a super C anywhere that close I'd already have it here - great score . There are some very odd things that come up for sale around the Madison area , not sure why either . Last year an ad popped up for an Atlas/Clausing model 1810 , just like mine but in mint condition for $600 - I should have in hind sight gone after it . I'd get rid of half my herd for a Super C and possibly the big D as well if I could find one .

Sarge

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:  there are only a handful of GT’s that I would travel 900+ miles in one day to bring home. A nice C195 is obviously one of them.  

I’ve bought a variety of stuff from Madtown over the years and you are right lots of unique stuff shows up there for sale...

Just passed Monticello...there was an awesome plow day nearby that I attended in 2013 and 2015.  Claudia plowed for the first time there on GhostRider in his “old clothes”...

B7AA2C14-EDBD-4BEB-A72A-A6D1A1A191BE.jpeg.eefb8ae9f8e321745716d79f021c792b.jpeg

my little sweetheart! I do anything for that little girl (Dont tell her!!!:rolleyes:)

BB243561-11D1-44C2-9D47-174653F1D69C.jpeg.8e6d8c03b13186c382a22dc6af73e535.jpeg

The field was literally a quarter mile long. She rode side saddle so I could sit on the other fender to lift the plow and work the clutch.

I’m officially half way now! 232 miles to go

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 5

WHX??
17 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I would travel 900+ miles in one day to bring home.

We need to get you some professional help Josh but I doubt there is a cure. Hopefully My man Ryan doesn't catch this or there'll be hell to pay! :lol:

We are impatiently waiting

For your convenience

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

I wish I could say that this was the craziest road trip I’ve ever done but not really!  

As a missionary kid I grew traversing this great nation. By the time I was 15 I had been in all of the lower 48 at one time or another.  A short day for us was about 10 hours of drive time. Although this is longest run I’ve ever taken to get a tractor, it pales in comparison to some of those early childhood runs.

however, Ryan, you don’t want to get on mommas bad side:angry-tappingfoot:she might just...

:kbutt:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

Passed Mt Pleasant a little while ago. The GPS says we are less than 100 miles away :woohoo:. Now In Missouri getting closer to the herd from which I will rustle! But wait—they hang horse thieves in Missouri!  I have cold hard cash! Better get a bill of sale! Don’t want to get strung up...

:-o

• Haha 4

T-Mo
5 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Passed Mt Pleasant a little while ago. The GPS says we are less than 100 miles away :woohoo:. Now In Missouri getting closer to the herd from which I will rustle! But wait—they hang horse thieves in Missouri!  I have cold hard cash! Better get a bill of sale! Don’t want to get strung up...

:-o

I have the Missouri State Patrol on high alert, so you better take the back roads......

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

PeacemakerJack

And I even posted pics of my horse hauler! I’m doomed:law-policered:

just passed Monticello, MO!  I think I just passed one of those a couple hours ago. :confusion-scratchheadblue: Having trouble coming up with original names are we?:ychain:

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Rp.wh
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

however, Ryan, you don’t want to get on mommas bad side:angry-tappingfoot:she might just...

:kbutt:

I have a trip to go on but kinda waiting for right moment. I like going on trips but you have me beat on the miles my longest so far is 780 and 13hr day

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
27 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

getting closer to the herd from which I will rustle! But wait—they hang horse thieves in Missouri!

Look out, they know what your rig looks like!

posse.jpg.1bb1137acabc9e27719d9b1c93b4a548.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: that is still a beast of a day Ryan!  “A trip to go on”—are we talking a rustle or other?:ph34r:

• Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

I’m starting to feel like Luke Duke!  The GPS sent me on to the back roads.  Maybe so I can run incognito and escape from those hounds! 34 miles to the herd

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rp.wh
31 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-yeahthat: that is still a beast of a day Ryan!  “A trip to go on”—are we talking a rustle or other?:ph34r:

We are talking rustling some horses, yes more then one possibly!:D

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

After nearly 8 hours in the saddle, I’ve reached my destination of Laddonia, MO. Time to get to work—pics to follow!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

That's a lot of See the source image right there...

would make for the perfect FEL platform. :handgestures-thumbsup: Nice score.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

T-Mo

Nice.  Larry didn't have that one when I was at his place back in April.

• Haha 1