jsPond

Question on a cab install

jsPond

Well, for better or worse, right or wrong, it's done.  It's not too bad and I was able to take enough bend out that I can lower the blower just fine now.  Zipper is broken on the side with the crank but that's not a big deal I suppose.  Here's the finished product.5a2b033564146_Cab5.JPG.ea560661719b7324e6ada44b0ca6ba38.JPG5a2b0354bf175_Cab6.JPG.9d88e30efbec1d81e256b918afd0c112.JPG5a2b0367ae91d_Cab7.JPG.fef2ea849a64342b17bee578f8fbe6ed.JPG5a2b038690f4b_Cab8.JPG.340b06361a2d14c814d4dd589c441beb.JPG

• Like 2

lynnmor

Here are the photos.  Mine does have a bend right at the hood edge, the duct tape is for hood protection and that is where it bends.  The yard stick shows 1-1/4" each side.

WH Cab Frame.jpg

WH Cab Frame 2.jpg

• Like 1

jsPond
13 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Here are the photos.  Mine does have a bend right at the hood edge, the duct tape is for hood protection and that is where it bends.  The yard stick shows 1-1/4" each side.

WH Cab Frame.jpg

WH Cab Frame 2.jpg

If mine was just 1 1/4" I think I would have been in great shape.  Thanks for the pics though.  I may have to check mine just for giggles later.  For now, it's on and sturdy so I ain't messin with it.  Thanks to all who chimed in on this.  Forums like this are so helpful.  Not sure what we ever did without them.

• Like 1

jsPond
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, WVHillbilly520H said:

The extension I made for the chute crank can be taken off and returned to stock, I didn't alter anything, just took 1/2" or less round stock drilled through then another long piece of existing size drilled to accept cotter/hair pins easy to install and remove, look real close at this pic, Jeff.

Screenshot_20171208-080725.png

Hillbilly, I THINK it was you that asked me for pictures of the Massey once I got the blade on.  Well, I put it on tonight.  I tried to message them to you but it won't let me attached the files.  I put the horse in there just to keep it on topic.  This is my winter arsenal.

5a31d5f2ed24c_Cab11.JPG.4a58ede5f68f833f4eec368d1559fc5b.JPG5a31d5dbc85ed_Cab10.JPG.c539a9fe1fd00071e4629cd6e92ee4bd.JPG5a31d5c5ea75d_Cab9.JPG.1a35c91133cebbcee810db19eb79aad2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H

I'm still working on my JD to Kioti conversion hopefully by years/month end I'll have it on and working, Jeff.

608KEB
On 12/7/2017 at 6:13 PM, AMC RULES said:

:text-yeahthat: That's how mine set up.  

5a29d8fd7f8bb_Picture2874.jpg.40d4dfd6578dc46a01c93bc38381c237.jpg

Where'd  you get the skids for your snowthrower? 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, 608KEB said:

Where'd  you get the skids for your snowthrower? 

Those are nice skids, beefy.

Glenn

jsPond

I do have a question about this blower.  I finally got to use it yesterday.  Didn't have to but I wanted to play.  Can anyone relate to that?  Anyway, it worked great, didn't miss a beat but I was a little disappointed in how far it threw the snow.  I had the throttle up to mowing level.  I guess maybe I'm expecting too much from a single stage and a double stage would throw much further.  This basically threw the snow just to the other side of where a blade would push it if you can follow that.  I was going very slow and the snow wasn't as deep as I would have liked it.  I did notice at once point it started to blow better when I got into deeper stuff.  Is that the secret?  Load the thing up to make it blow further?  Just curious as I still like the blower and it's a great option to have around.

lynnmor

You run the engine to full speed, 3600 RPM.  Yes, you need to load the blower to get maximum throwing distance.  That fluffy 3 inch snow yesterday was not quite enough for me to get out the blower, so I plowed it.  You will find that the PTO clutch will slip in deep snow if not adjusted rather tight.

shallowwatersailor

You need at least 6"-8" of snow for a snowthrower to work properly. Less than that I would use a tractor with the dozer blade.

With regards to RPM, I run my 523Dxi with the single-stage snowthrower at less than high RPM because of the amount of torque the engine has. When they were new, Toro had warranty claims because there was too much power (I have heard third hand) for the single-stage with the 5xi. The only trouble with running at less than high RPM is the transmission (on a hydro) is not getting the maximum cooling. They get hot, even in the winter, with use.

WVHillbilly520H

Yes to the above, my single stage would throw the snow nearly as far as my deuce with the only caveats that it would clog the chute in DOT plow banks or snow that got rained on then frozen over didn't do well, but the deuce on the other hand neither issue but, I have 2 :wh:, 1 with a plow blade the other blower and cab, plus the eMax with FEL and rear blade at my house, then the Kioti and an old CC with blower at my parents in WV, Jeff.

jsPond

Yeah, I figured it needed more.  Couple that with the fact that the snow was starting to melt and it just wasn't the best situation.  Had I got to it when it was fresh (around 8" and nice and fluffy) I think it would have done great.  I just didn't have time to fool with it at the time.  I'm sure I'll get another chance to see what it can do.  Finally got the chains on today.  What used to take a few hours now seems to get stretched out over days.

• Like 1