blake616

Replacing PTO micro switch

blake616

I need to replace the PTO micro switch I my older 416-8. I have the new switch , but have no idea how to get the new switch installed ? Any help/ideas/thoughts would be appreciated 

rmaynard

What year is your 416-8? on my 416-H you need to remove the battery to get to the bracket where the two switches are mounted.

DSCN5890.JPG.d42f92f40d89b3d607db7b770f341ebf.JPG

• Like 1

blake616

My 416-8 is a 1991. You mention 2 switches?  I looked at toro’s parts breakdown for my tractor and only found one switch. I️t does have 3 connection - common, normally closed and normally open. Maybe I have the wrong switch?

gwest_ca

This should be your parts list

Go to page 84 and 85. Requires 2 of 111332 switches.

Only one of the switches may have failed. They are wired to work opposite to each other so you may be able to switch their locations. Which half has failed? Starter or ignition?

Looks like there are some insulators between the switches. Don't lose them.

Garry

• Like 2

blake616

Thanks Garry. Much appreciated. Glad to know that I may need 2 switches before I get started on this. I will order another switch and also get the insulators. 

I think both switches may be in question. I have had periodic issues with not being able to start my tractor and usually flip the PTO lever back and forth a couple times and then I can start it. Recently I have had trouble getting the engine to fire. It will turn over, but not fire. I noticed that PTO indicator light is sometimes on dimly when turning the key to start. Once again if I move the PTO switch back and forth it will then start. 

Thanks again for the wiring diagram and the great information.