dclarke

Raider 8 winter project

Ed Kennell

Thanks for he uncovered pic Denny.   This is a first for me also.   I see there is actually an attach-a-matic under the tensioner frame.   Interesting.

• Like 2

953 nut
4 hours ago, Racinbob said:

find it interesting that they also had the mule drive we all know in 1972.

Bob, we all know how thrifty the Ponds were. If parts were in inventory they were used up first when transitions took place.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I just saw this thread Denny.   You are a very special person.  Their smiles are priceless.  :occasion-xmas:  Your little helper is growing up fast also.

Talking about that deck.  My Raider 10 from 1972 used the other hook up you guys were talking about.  I wish I had a good picture behind the wheel showing that set up.  Tom in Denmark bought this horse.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

dclarke
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

I just saw this thread Denny.   You are a very special person.  Their smiles are priceless.  :occasion-xmas:  Your little helper is growing up fast also.

Talking about that deck.  My Raider 10 from 1972 used the other hook up you guys were talking about.  I wish I had a good picture behind the wheel showing that set up.  Tom in Denmark bought this horse.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks, Steve. It was a fun project. My helpers are sooooo much fun to hang around with and they are getting big in a hurry...... interesting about your deck. They evidently used both setups in ‘72. 

• Like 2

Racinbob

Absolutely awesome Denny. What a wonderful thing to do.

They actually used all three styles in 72. The style Steve's has early on, then like yours and finally the style they used up until the end. Like Richard said, them Ponds loved using up inventory. :)

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

IMG_7564.JPG.f7b094d2d7898206d189ef8cefab1f1e.JPG

MY Raider 12.    Not a great picture, but if you look closely behind  the PTO engagement lever, you can see some of the swing arm side drive belt tensioning parts.

BTW, I still think this is a better PTO engagement system.    It provides a  more consistent   pressure and it has the adjustment notch built into the lever plate making it fool proof.

And it has fewer moving parts to wear out .  

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell Ed I agree with your statement on the old style engagement lever , I have that on the 72 Commando 800 and it seems to operate better. 

• Like 3

dells68

Looks like she still has the seat springs on.  What did she think about having a little travel in the seat?  Much better imo.

• Like 1

dclarke
35 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Looks like she still has the seat springs on.  What did she think about having a little travel in the seat?  Much better imo.

She didn't say a lot but I think she'll like it better, it'll definitely improve the ride. 

• Like 2

Sarge

Very nice work - excellent way to treat another person that appreciates a quality built machine , I'm sure by the look on her face she'll enjoy it . Nice to see the final result and a happy owner .

Sarge

• Like 2

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, dclarke said:

Last December I did some work on Shirley's Raider and this morning she dropped of this sign and a nice "Thank you" card.   What a nice surprise!

DSC06974.JPG

Super awesome! That was wicked nice of her! Well done, sir!

• Thanks 1