Chris G

Got a deal on 702 today

ACman

:woohoo:.....Great score Chris and it looks to be all there too in it’s original working clothes  . Even has the correct starter/generator belt guard . Make sure to check to see if the dealership is listed or you could add photo to th dealer list . http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/64506-dealer-list/

My only questions to the experts is the metal shifter gate off a different model as I haven’t seen one on a 702 . Also the backrest , is that a aftermarket or off a Massey Ferguson (I think Massey used the same seat pan) or other brand ? :confusion-shrug: 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I like the safety handles on the seat , kind of hard to fall off the tractor .:) That is a heavy duty bead breaker.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Really nice looking well cared for worker.   Congrats.

• Like 3

Chris G

Ya the seat is different then the normal square seat pan. But I'm gonna see what I can do to make a new pad for the back and keep it on there. The shift Plate is really well made and the previous owner said his father built that to help them learn were the gears were. And as far as the bead breaker I been looking for one for awhile. Cause they work great on these old tractor tires. It's made by speedmaster  in Oakland California. 

• Like 4

JPWH

Nice score !

• Like 3

benji756

we had that same bead breaker on the farm when I was growing up, I can remember it as far back as the mid 60's and it was old then, worked great.

• Like 2

Chris G

Ya my grandfather had one which was handed down to my father. But unfortunately it walked off a few years back.

JimmyJam

Great WNY find!!!!!  Born & raised north of Buffalo. Family still there! I bought a Commando 800 near Lancaster, NY (Where my sister lives).

• Excellent 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:    That is a great find, I like the back rest

2 hours ago, ACman said:

the backrest , is that a aftermarket or off a Massey Ferguson

Never have seen that on a MF, but it looks a bit like the Allis Chalmers though not an exact match.

Image result for allis chalmers garden tractor

• Like 2