tpuppo3

C161 plowing, first timer

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Its a great machine, take care of it and it will take care of you. Btw,,,:text-welcomeconfetti:

Glenn

• Like 2

JoeM

Be careful...........those tractors have been known to multiply!

Welcome!

• Excellent 1

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

stevasaurus

Blading leaves out to the street is one of my most favorite things to do.  Welcome to Red Square.  :occasion-xmas:

2013_1114leaves0002.JPG

2013_1114leaves0003 (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

varosd

welcome aboard!

I grew up in Cheshire, CT

look to add wheel weights to the front at the very least.  keeps the fronts from skidding to the sides.

others will suggest a single bicycle like chain on each wheel

others like tri rib tires

etc etc

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@stevasaurus Is that a piece of rubber on the bottom of your blade or is my old eyes as messed up as my brain ? If I think about it tomorrow I will send a photo of the pile leaves from the front yard before I add the leaves from the back yard.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

It is not rubber Jim...just a new piece of steel painted black.  :occasion-xmas:  The 702 has the HY-2 on it...I keep it up about 1/4" when doing leaves.

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:          Being in Connecticut I'm sure you will have ample opportunity to move snow soon.      :text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

TDF5G

:WRS:

You've got a mighty fine :wh: there!

• Like 2

tpuppo3

I totally forgot I posted this.

We're supposed to get some snow this weekend. It sucks because I have a roof to do, it would've been nice had it held off another 2 days. 

I'll make the best of a bad situation tough. Stock up on beer and top of the red rocket, let's plow some snow. 

I park my wheel horse in the garage under my house, It's quickly becoming my new favorite place to drink beer.

20171204_175923.jpg

While I'm thinking of it, is there an app for this website?

• Like 3

WHX??

Nope ...no apps here ... just real people..

:WRS:

Thanks for those nice pics Dino @stevasaurus...... now i remember how that belt guard goes! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

cschannuth
2 hours ago, tpuppo3 said:

I totally forgot I posted this.

We're supposed to get some snow this weekend. It sucks because I have a roof to do, it would've been nice had it held off another 2 days. 

I'll make the best of a bad situation tough. Stock up on beer and top of the red rocket, let's plow some snow. 

I park my wheel horse in the garage under my house, It's quickly becoming my new favorite place to drink beer.

20171204_175923.jpg

While I'm thinking of it, is there an app for this website?

I don't think it's an App but I have it on my Iphone and it seems to size it so it's readable on the phone screen.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

tpuppo3 :WRS:  Great first choice. Nothing like a 16hp. Enjoy.

tpuppo3

My next quest will involve steering linkage.  I get that you can't turn the wheel while the tractor is stationary, but even moving, the steering gears will skip teeth occasionally.  The more this happens the more they'll round out and I don't want to be replacing parts so soon.  The tires are fully inflated (initially they were low when I bought the tractor, inflating them to the correct pressure helped a lot). 

Has anyone modified their tractor with a more modern (seems like a blasphemy word around here) steering system?  Or can you tighten the linkage?  There are some mildly-related videos online, but all involve larger models with different steering systems than mine.

16 hours ago, cschannuth said:

I don't think it's an App but I have it on my Iphone and it seems to size it so it's readable on the phone screen.

No issues on my phone either, but I have to run it through the web browser.  No biggie.

PeacemakerJack

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the best forum I’ve ever been on! Knowledgeable caring folks here with a great sense of humor.  The forum is super easy to use and self adjusts for functionality to smart phone usage. Have fun browsing through the sections and the threads.  As was mentioned above, be careful though, these :wh: are very addictive! 

I must admit that I got excited when I saw your thread title.  I’m a dyed in the wool “furrow plow dog” and I thought you were speaking about that type of plowing...oh well! I guess it is the season for blade plowing the white stuff:violin:

Glad to have you here!

• Like 1

WHX??

Hate to say this Josh but you got a one track mind when it comes to the P word! :ychain::lol:

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

You said it Jim!!!:clap: I never saw a GT, large or small, that I couldn’t envision with a pair of AG’s, a hitch, and a plow behind it turning earth!!:happy-jumpeveryone: 

:auto-layrubber: