Retired Wrencher

My thoughts On preping and selling Wheel Horse Tractors

WHX??

:handgestures-thumbupright: Thanks for taking the time to share! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Sparky

"Looks like fricken brand new" I love that line right at the 1:19 point of the video. 👍 

• Like 1

stevebo

LOL Mike me too. @Gary- I have been using the marvel myself in a spray bottle and letting it sit for a bit then wipe off. Works great. I love the smell of that stuff too. 

• Like 2

WHX??

What are your thoughts on using boiled linseed oil Gary?

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

WHX12  I never tried it? Did You?

squonk

This stuff works awesome especially in the hard to get to spots.  Napa # 265

NWM.jpg.816515bd30a2dc31ed05e77ed6e45cdc.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

Yes I have on this tractor. It was suggested by @Shynon and @prondzy. They have done more tractors like this so maybe they will chime in. This tractor had a totally different patina than your B tho. Most of the original paint had taken on that rusty appearance.  The end result was at first is a glossy one but then after the linseed dries it gives it a duller antique steel finnish while hopefully protecting it. I used a spray bottle for those hard to reach areas and a rag to wipe down. 

I have some MMO out in the shop and if I get some time out there today will try it and get some pics for comparison. 

Mike @squonk what base product is in that can?

20160813_165602.jpg

• Like 1

squonk

Acetone,Naptha, odorless mineral spirits. It is not a real long lasting shine. But it's great for selling a tractor and sprucing it up or a quick touch up at a show. I use it a lot on rubber bumper panels mud flaps and interiors. 

• Thanks 1

Sarge

If you guys want a light shine and protection - you could try some Aerospace 303 , it's made to protect from UV and doesn't leave any sticky residue . I know it's my favorite on vinyl , rubber and black plastic around here .

Sarge

Shynon

Used it on my 550, boiled linseed oil.

20170506_190317.jpg

• Excellent 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thanks for making the video. And you have a great holiday to.

Glenn

Retired Wrencher

21 hours ago, Sarge said:

If you guys want a light shine and protection - you could try some Aerospace 303 , it's made to protect from UV and doesn't leave any sticky residue . I know it's my favorite on vinyl , rubber and black plastic around here .

Sarge

Thanks Guys but talk is cheap so I :wwp: show me. I use this because rubbing is out my arms are shot from hard work over the years so marvel is easy light rub on wipe off.

21 hours ago, squonk said:

Acetone,Naptha, odorless mineral spirits. It is not a real long lasting shine. But it's great for selling a tractor and sprucing it up or a quick touch up at a show. I use it a lot on rubber bumper panels mud flaps and interiors. 

Thanks Guys but talk is cheap so I :wwp: show me. I use this because rubbing is out my arms are shot from hard work over the years so marvel is easy light rub on wipe off.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher

squonk

The spray you just spray and walk away. Finger may get tired. :)

No pics but I had a Chevy Nova for sale. Did the entire engine compartment with the Duragloss spray. A girl comes to look at it and she says I’ll take it. No test drive no nothing. I go are you sure ? She says it has to be a good car. The engine looks brand new! :banana-jumprope:

• Like 1