squonk

Got a couple of inches of snow today!

squonk

Don't know if I should use the 1267 with a blade, the 520 and blower or break out Elvis! Opinions gentlemen! 

5a1c9161f159f_snow001.JPG.935a79e5ae216985b42d80bacf5d3600.JPG

Made ya look! :) :banana-linedance:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Show off. 

• Haha 1

KC9KAS

What exactly is the thing I am looking at?

I know what the snow is...............

• Haha 1

squonk
44 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

What exactly is the thing I am looking at?

I know what the snow is...............

A frozen over freezer evaporator. School called after finding this after being closed for 5 days. Low on refrigerant and a 120 volt defrost timer with 208 volts running thru the clock motor. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

oldredrider

Is that bad? Clock must be running fast...

squonk

Clock motor not running at all so no defrost periods. Snow blocks the air flow . Evaporator temp drops due to no heat exchange so already low refrig. temp  and pressure drops enough the pressure switch shuts off the compressor. Compressor cycles enough to keep the snow around but product isn't frozen. Kind of like a Nov. or March snowstorm. :)

• Excellent 1

Sarge

Sounds like when I installed the breaker into the panel in the diesel shop for the oil heater - first time it kicked in that fan sounded like a jet engine . Figured out I locked that 120v breaker right into the wild leg on the 3ph panel - cost a switching board but the fan motor did live for awhile until the bushings gave out from the crazy rpm it ran . Put out heat like mad there for a few minutes , though...lol .

Sarge

• Like 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, Sarge said:

120v breaker right into the wild leg on the 3ph panel

Delta connections can lead to lots of problems, Wish everything was "Y".

Sarge

I can't even describe how long it took me to read up on the differences and try to understand them - we have 3ph in our area but it's not a "true" 3ph as it doesn't use the additional wiring on the poles . The local ComEd lineman tried explaining how it worked and why it probably wouldn't work well on my 1952 Atlas motor for the old Clausing - don't want to damage that original motor . Instead - I'm choosing to use a VFD and a temperature monitor to make certain I don't overheat it . Learning about single phase VFD convertors and all the associated voodoo with this stuff is about enough to drive a guy nuts - no wonder most just source a whole different single phase drive motor or go the DC route instead - which is another can of worms to say the least .

I just hope all the effort pays off - haven't tested anything yet as I still have to finish the Clausing and actually run it for the first time .

Sarge

953 nut

Years back when I was managing a Hydroponic greenhouse facility the owners decided to add on and include red, yellow and orange Bell peppers in our line. While I was busy overseeing the construction of another 20 acres of green house and an addition to the packing house they threw me a real curve ball. The owners (Europeans) purchased and shipped the packing machine for the peppers. The instruction and maintenance manuals were in Swedish and all of the motors were 50 Cycle 220 Volt units, not at all compatible with the 60 cycle 277/480 three phase "Y" service. Had to muster up a great deal of passiveness before calling to let them know the hurdles we would have to overcome. A few thousand dollars later all was well! Having the manuals translated from Swedish to English was an adventure too.