jsPond

Loose chute on a single stage blower

jsPond

I have a 79362 single stage blower that I recently picked up to try.  It's in very good shape but still needs a little TLC to get to where I want it.  I mounted it today and noticed that the chute is pretty loose.  Loose to the point that when I turn it, it disengages the worm and will no longer turn.  I dug into it and discovered there are three retainers that hold the chute on.  I assume they are Teflon.  Part number 25-5450.  They look to be in real nice shape but I have to assume they are worn and that I can pick them up somewhere.  There's no adjustment so they have to be a wear part.  Anybody replace these yet?  Were they costly?  I'm headed over to the dealer tomorrow to pick up some oil and I guess I'll just pick some up.  Just wondering what kind of money these things cost with everything else going thru the roof. 

WVHillbilly520H

Never had them wear out but break because of sun damage, $21 each but before buying I would try loosening the worm drive up and adjust in tighter towards the chute I had to do this to my single stage years ago look at my last pic you can see the mounting tab is slotted you can also change the angle as well for better engagement and there is a very small amount of adjustment on those retainers as you tighten them back up apply pressure inward towards the chute, Jeff.

Screenshot_20171124-175403.png

Screenshot_20171124-175412.png

Screenshot_20171124-175443.png

Screenshot_20171124-175855.png

• Like 1

jsPond

Ok, I see what you are saying.  I went out and took another look.  Thought I had the worm drive adjusted as far as it would go but no, that adjustment is much more than I thought it was.  I just had to loosen up the bolt more than I did to make the proper adjustment.  once I did, it really slid over and tightened everything up.  Now it's a little too tight so tomorrow I'll do some final adjustments and see what I come up with.  So glad I don't have to shell out $21 each for those retainers.  That's ridiculous!  Thanks a bunch for the help.

• Like 1

squonk

Throw some grease on the gear and where that chute slides as well. 

• Like 2

jsPond

Yep, I did plan on doing that today. Thanks. I hope I get to use this thing this year. 

• Like 1