Big_Red_Fred

Gt14

Big_Red_Fred
5 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

People went out west to find gold—if you took your :wh: collection with you, I think that you’d be bringing the  “gold” to the west! 

Don’t do something in haste with this change of life that you’ll regret later. Plus—we’d miss you and your insightful posts too much!

I agree, don't give up your Heart & Soul on Your:wh: collection, Id rather see you behind the wheel then another member or stranger !

5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I have never been to Boise, but I would wager that :wh: are a scarce commodity there.

I sent the Email for GT14, thats a long ride, but not a long ride like Richard  to pa LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Aldon

I am thinking the hi low is there but perhaps knob may be missing so the upright be behind the main shifter....but I see something that looks like high low....

E0854667-A944-49E1-A5B5-4ECB6F24B025.png.e5b15965c1446979f18c597b5d86d256.png

• Like 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Everyone is calling this GT-14 an 8 speed conversion....but I'm only seeing the gear shifter and the not the hi/low lever. Could this be just a 4 speed swap, like a tranny from a B-80?

Anything is possible, but if you were a machinist and were going to all this work would you use a rear end with one inch axles on a loader build?

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
18 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Anything is possible, but if you were a machinist and were going to all this work would you use a rear end with one inch axles on a loader build?

Would a 953 or 1054 rear work ?

• Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred

You know, when you find some thing interesting Like the GT14, go thru the motions trying to recover a part of Wheel Horse History, find 1 with a Home Made FEL, 400 miles 1 way, 800 plus round trip ! Then my Mechanic say's Hey Pap , there's a GT14 in York on Facebook for sale for 800 ! Its 10 min from my shop, the owner got it free from Father inlaw, He's Firm with price, said a Man from Maryland called, suppose to be Original Paint he claims. So what a Fred to do Boys ?Screenshot9520171124-150001.jpg.8b05630a10adf1adee45395447e9e42e.jpg

953 nut
1 hour ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Would a 953 or 1054 rear work ?

:angry-tappingfoot:    In my opinion it would be a total sacrilege to do so, but it could be done, wouldn't even have to swap axles or hubs.

49 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

for sale for 800 ! Its 10 min from my shop, the owner got it free from Father inlaw, He's Firm with price,

He probably has sentimental attachment which is why he is firm on the price.     :ychain:

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

I couldn't cut up our 1054, its become a part of the family, it only took Alex a few hours to become 1 with it, then he couldn't let it go, Amazing how a working piece of history becomes a part of people ! I know when i run my hand across the hood takes me back to my Coronet, the fine lines, texture, HP, Ok Fred get your head out of Never Never Land LOL, I tried

• Haha 1

squonk
On 11/23/2017 at 12:33 PM, ACman said:

When you move west you’re still going to be in need of a tractor (I know you have several)..So why not have the baddest tractor on the block! 

The blocks are 20 miles long in Idaho! :)

• Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred Fred get up off the fat wallet and buy both , you need a tractor for each attachment and with two you could figure out all the mods to the FEL unit and them you could trailer it to my place with a Big Red Box tied to it. My birthday is fast approaching .:ROTF:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred
23 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Big_Red_Fred Fred get up off the fat wallet and buy both , you need a tractor for each attachment and with two you could figure out all the mods to the FEL unit and them you could trailer it to my place with a Big Red Box tied to it. My birthday is fast approaching .:ROTF:

That 14 has Big Bad Jim written all over it

19richie66

@Big_Red_Fred I have two gt14 transmissions that I'm not going to use. More than welcome to them if everything were to work out and you need them.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 5

Big_Red_Fred
8 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

@Big_Red_Fred I have two gt14 transmissions that I'm not going to use. More than welcome to them if everything were to work out and you need them.

See how it goes, thanks, do i drive a 1000 miles for a GT or 10 min down road LOL, im going Today Saturday, useing my shop cell to take Pics, Ha in case Ed is Listening ;-)

12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:angry-tappingfoot:    In my opinion it would be a total sacrilege to do so, but it could be done, wouldn't even have to swap axles or hubs.

He probably has sentimental attachment which is why he is firm on the price.     :ychain:

@953 nut Richard, i must ask, do you own 1 of those Giant Horses that your pulling on that trailer, i cant remember the name of them ?

19richie66

10 minute one first, unload and then go 1000 miles. There.... problem solved. 👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4

squonk
10 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I can see it now. A big red box with a bow on it showing up at Jim's house Christmas day. The Lexus music playing in the background, dogs running around, kids giggling. Jim opens the box and it's EMPTY! :ROTF:Pretty cool joke. Jim If I lived near you it would have happened! :text-lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

do you own 1 of those Giant Horses that your pulling on that trailer,

No, I don't own one. I own six of them so far.        :ychain:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19richie66

I had one lined up but the deal fell through :ychain: :laughing-rolling:

ericj

Don Kane and Charlie Culley have both converted their GT 14's over to 8 speed rear ends. Don's tractor is the one at the big show with the front end loader on it, He volunteers it every year for the club to set up and tear down the show, Because he lets other people use it it has gotten tore up causing him to modify it. I don't know for a fact but I'm quit sure he uses it a lot around his place to boot.

If I remember the story right Charlie bought GT14 with a bad rear so he pulled the rear diff and axles out of the GT and inserted them into an 8 speed trans to be able to use the 15" tires

eric j  

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred
5 hours ago, ericj said:

Don Kane and Charlie Culley have both converted their GT 14's over to 8 speed rear ends. Don's tractor is the one at the big show with the front end loader on it, He volunteers it every year for the club to set up and tear down the show, Because he lets other people use it it has gotten tore up causing him to modify it. I don't know for a fact but I'm quit sure he uses it a lot around his place to boot.

If I remember the story right Charlie bought GT14 with a bad rear so he pulled the rear diff and axles out of the GT and inserted them into an 8 speed trans to be able to use the 15" tires

eric j  

Hey Eric, have your wife look on Facebook Market Place, that Dover, Pa Gt14 between you & me

953 nut
5 hours ago, ericj said:

pulled the rear diff and axles out of the GT and inserted them into an 8 speed trans to be able to use the 15" tires

Probably only used the axles, I'm pretty sure the bull gear on the GT-14 is larger than other :wh:.

• Like 1

ericj
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Probably only used the axles, I'm pretty sure the bull gear on the GT-14 is larger than other :wh:.

I'll have to ask Charlie when he get home

eric j

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk and @Big_Red_Fred I can see now that you two will have to be separated at the Big Show , too many jokers . There may be an angry mob on :wh: chasing you two around the parade route. Do we have to have Howard talk to you guys ?:ROTF:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

squonk
10 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk and @Big_Red_Fred I can see now that you two will have to be separated at the Big Show , too many jokers . There may be an angry mob on :wh: chasing you two around the parade route. Do we have to have Howard talk to you guys ?:ROTF:

@857 horse has been talking to me for a while now. Where do you think I get my material from? :)

• Haha 3

Big_Red_Fred
1 hour ago, squonk said:

@857 horse has been talking to me for a while now. Where do you think I get my material from? :)

Hmmm, i'm out back walking around with the Little animals sniffing burlap hahahahaha

1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I will be Packing in case we are attached by BLM

• Confused 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Need to include @ebinmaine in there too, he sneaks in a few good jabs of his own from time to time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred

So much for the Chimmy Chongas ! Revert to marsh mellow launcher

• Like 1
  • Haha 2