tuckerd out

800 commando (1972) 3rd gear won't work

tuckerd out

I have a '72 800 commando that I would like to rebuild tranny.  All gears work except third gear you have to manually push the shifter and hold to get 3rd gear to work.

What parts do I need to have on hand before I start rebuild?   Where can I get parts for this tranny?

Thanks

Tuckerd Out!

Lake Gaston NC

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:            You are in luck, Lowell has new #3523 gears in stock. He also has complete kits with all new bearings, seals and gasket.I have attached links to both.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/transmissions.html#!/3523-3rd-gear/p/84932562/category=23548039

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/transmissions.html#!/Base-Kit-1/p/85721183/category=23548039

There are good posts on here covering the entire rebuild process.

• Excellent 2

Achto

:text-yeahthat:  :WRS:  We're more than happy to help you out with information.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You have the 5085 transmission...that is the link above you want to look at.  I would not order anything until after I opened up the trans and had a good look...then contact Lowell and tell him what you need.  You probably do not need the whole kit and Lowell will sell you just what you need.  Take it apart (use the manual) and the link...take pictures...clean it all up.  Parts from Lowell can be had in a few days.  You do want to change all 4 seals and most likely the 2nd/3rd fork gear.  :)

• Like 2