ebinmaine

Where does everyone buy shop chemicals?

Sarge

LOL - same here from working the Nukes over the years and various HAZMAT jobs....lol .

It's a tough crowd in here , but I'm sure @squonk is used to it , like most of us .

Sarge

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, squonk said:

I remember calling the order in. Wharehouse thought I was nuts! :)

Hello, warehouse,  this is  @squonk, I need 3 pallets of antigel in quart bottles ASAP.

Makes scents to me.

• Haha 4

KC9KAS

Most of the things I use I buy at Rural King. It is between home and work and is very (sometimes too) convenient to stop and buy something.

The clerks always say, "did you find everything you needed?" and I say, "Yes, in fact I bought things I DIDN'T need!"

I did buy my carb soak product from NAPA because RK didn't have it and I usually get a good deal from NAPA if the right guy is behind the counter! NAPA has about 5 different prices, but that is another thread...............

• Like 1

squonk
1 hour ago, KC9KAS said:

Most of the things I use I buy at Rural King. It is between home and work and is very (sometimes too) convenient to stop and buy something.

The clerks always say, "did you find everything you needed?" and I say, "Yes, in fact I bought things I DIDN'T need!"

I did buy my carb soak product from NAPA because RK didn't have it and I usually get a good deal from NAPA if the right guy is behind the counter! NAPA has about 5 different prices, but that is another thread...............

Tell the Napa guy you want the "salmon colored price" and see if he knows what your talking about. :)

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Hello, warehouse,  this is  @squonk, I need 3 pallets of antigel in quart bottles ASAP.

Makes scents to me.

That's pretty much how it went. Except they told me they would have to get some of it out of the state. So I said so what get it! 

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, squonk said:

"salmon colored price"

Oh man... do I remember those days.

I sold auto parts at various locations from about 1993 to 2007, off and on.

First place I worked was an old-fashioned "jobber" store with paper catalog racks - 9 feet long on one side of the counter and 11 feet on the other.

I miss the tech side and challenge of finding things that others wouldn't look for but I Love driving and running the equipment that I do now.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Berryman B12

bought some today to try out

I ended up at Advance Auto on the way home and got a GREAT $$$ Deal for some store brand stuff.

The guy must have been in a generous mood. He gave me %35 off the shelf price for a 12 case and said if needed more, let him know.

3 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

just squeeze my shirt

It's a good offer Fred, and I appreciate it (I think)... but I'll just stick to spray cans.

:ROTF:

• Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I get most of my stuff from Advance . I take advantage of the speed perks discount or my military discount which ever gives me the greatest saving. Just have to make sure the item is not on sale then the speed perks don't apply but the military discount does. 

• Like 2

JoeM

I use 9 mil Nitrile Powder-Free Gloves that I get at Harbor Freight.

I started using the gloves after a Dr. prescribed a compound cream for my ankle. I used less then the amount you would us on a tooth brush. Within 15 I was higher than a kite!

I figured if that little bit of cream went through my skin, reacted so quickly, those chemical could do the same.

The 9 mil are pretty durable. None sale price 12.99 for 25 pair.

Big_Red_Fred
11 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

bought some today to try out

I ended up at Advance Auto on the way home and got a GREAT $$$ Deal for some store brand stuff.

The guy must have been in a generous mood. He gave me %35 off the shelf price for a 12 case and said if needed more, let him know.

It's a good offer Fred, and I appreciate it (I think)... but I'll just stick to spray cans.

:ROTF:

LMAO, i had to throw that one in Ole Buddy, Come on Big Show, The Hibachi Trailer is about ready ! Chimmey Chonga's Getem while their HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred

@elcamino/wheelhorse Jim, go to Gt14 , Look what i found