JohnnyO64

Adding a actuator for tiller on C120 - HELP !!

JohnnyO64

Hi all RS fans,

I’ve been looking all over RS for info and help on a rear electrical actuator install method for my tiller on my C120.  I’m getting to old to lift manually, but would love to fab a setup myself.  If anyone can lend a hand with sharing info or some past experiences that would be great.  Any advice, steps or vid postings would be appreciated!! 

Thanks, John

Jerry77

You might click on the topic of today :1961 Wheel Horse Suburban Followed me home to get freshened up    has an interesting hoist for the rear....:)

JoeM

Hey John I know what you mean about lifting the tiller. I made up a bracket that bolts to the top of the axle, uses the bottom axle mount and comes up under the fender. I mounted a 12v winch on an mule drive plate and welded the mule drive receiver to the bracket. worked great on my C120-8. It is off the machine now but I can take some pics of the bracket and assembly tomorrow.

Joe

WHwinchforC120tiller4.jpg.4c95dbf46fe9c131d99d408fe1712d5e.jpgWHwinchforC120tiller2.jpg.08a3f4a0169f62b73274cedc31021783.jpg

WHwinchforC120tiller3.jpg.9c2e7dc071f8d29ce45a559ddfcaeb1b.jpgWHwinchforC120tiller1.jpg.215e68cd33e164516f413d2a64b7bbbb.jpg

I even used this on my sleeve hitch, and it will go in the front if necessary.

I know you wanted an actuator but just a thought.

Happy building!

Edited by OILUJ52
added pics
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

John ,there was a thread on using an actuator on the rear hitch in the last couple of weeks . I did one in July 2015 titled Separate rear Hitch lift . i hope this helps.

Skipper

It would be pretty easy to set up a linear actuator 12v. They come in many different lengths, and it would work just as your up/down office desk.

Something like this perhaps?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Stroke-Linear-Actuator-High-Speed-MAX-5000N-1100LBS-12V-24V-DC/171706002685?hash=item27fa79acfd:g:c9IAAOxy0aBRpBM0

I have not tried this actuator, but it seems strong, and only needs a switch and some simple brackets to be set up.

Would think if you find the right length needed, you could mount it under the seatpan, instead of the cable pull. 

Just an idea.

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 2

JohnnyO64

Gents,  thanks so much for taking the time with your replies!!  If I do get something started I will try my best to share and add pics.

A great Turkey Day to you all !! 

My best,

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1