UncleJerm76

Dads 854

953 nut
8 hours ago, UncleJerm76 said:

VERY slow - much slower than my 701 in fact. It seems to stop after a rotation or so and then turn again before stopping again

I had one act like that a few years ago, new brushes and cleaning the commutator did the trick.

• Like 1

UncleJerm76

The good:

He got it running, said it seems like the more times he cranked it the better the starter seemed to do. Got to love these old beasts! Absolutely no smoke too, couldn’t be happier at the price he paid, will try to get a video on here soon! He’s got new front tires ready to put on and he’s got 1-set of Rears off my dually’s until he decides what to get back there.

The bad:

PO didn’t replace a $10 shift boot and trans was full of nasty chunky rust water, I’m sure it all came in through the missing boot. It’s turns and shifts but has crunchy sound on right outer bearing - reminds me of eating cereal - maybe I’m too hungry :PGoing to eventually tear it apart and rebuild it with new bearings.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

We have vendors here with that boot. I would do that and new oil right away. 

Glenn

• Like 1

UncleJerm76
8 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

We have vendors here with that boot. I would do that and new oil right away. 

Glenn

Even though it’s kept in a fully closed garage he’s already bought a one and has been soaking/flushing the trans with diesel over and over. Still not coming out clean though. A tear down & rebuild is inevitable.

• Like 1