Wheel Horse Plethora

Wheel horse plethora

Wheel Horse Plethora

I was previously a vendor under Dave's tractor world and have not done much with the wheel horse products Ihh have as my business demanded my time. I changed my name to wheel horse plethora. Over the last 8 months an employee stole more than $150,000 from my company and basically forced us to shut the doors. I still have a family to feed and still have a ton of wheel horse inventory. I have a 22 x 28 building packed full and a 30 X 50 building that has a fair amount of  product in it as well. I am located approx 15 miles from the big show that takes place in June. I am in Gardners. I wondered if I was willing to open up my buildings on Saturday mornings from 9-12 if there would be any interest in folks coming and shopping and sorting and rooting and finding the gold nuggets you need to complete your projects. I have nos parts and I have used parts. I also have approximately 30,000 wheel horse manuals and advertising brochures. 

Any interest? Hit me up! 

Thanks and God bless! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Retired Wrencher

wheel horse plethora. Sorry to hear of your bad luck.  There is more of good people in the world than bad. I am sure you will find good things happen here.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Any picts of the insides of those buildings to post here?  :scratchead:

• Like 1

ztnoo

Welcome to :rs:!!!

You have come to the best Wheel Horse site on the net, bar none, IMO.

Your close proximity to the Big Show should work in your favor, I would think, to help you liquidate a portion of your existing inventory. Maybe a significant portion of what you have.

By my Mapquest search, you are only 10min/6.6mi from Gardners to Bilgerville, so it would appear you are very strategically placed to take advantage of the highest concentration of Wheel Horse fanatics and activities anywhere in the world!

Seriously! In real estate you always hear the three most important rules are, "Location, Location, Location".

Other than being at the Fairgrounds itself, I can't imagine a much better location to be in for an ex-dealer to unload their "wares".

In addition, I would encourage you to aggressively use the Classified section here to list items which you know have higher value, desirability, and also very rare items which are in demand by owners of particular models.

You also might consider applying for "VENDER" status here to be listed as a permanent seller of Wheel Horse equipment. You can make it known that the membership can contact you for any parts which you might have, as well as whole or partial tractors you wish to dispose of.

I would encourage you to be very proactive here at Red Square. I think it will provide you with reasonable dividends.

I am going to be following you and actively watch for what you do here. Other forum member should as well.

Good luck WHP!

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/pa/gardners/to/us/pa/biglerville?optimized=1

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 2

12 hp Kohler

Sorry to hear about the bad luck:(, I really want to get up to your shop soon.  :text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

tunahead72

Sorry to hear all this Dave, and hope everything works out for you.  Opening on Saturday mornings sounds like an excellent idea for you if you can make it work.  I don't personally buy enough Wheel Horse stuff to make it a regular stop, but I'm hoping others here will be able to help you out.  Are you going to sell your non-WH items also?

And are you still going to sell on eBay?

rmaynard

I have known Dave since 2009. Great guy. He has been a regular vendor at the Wheel Horse show since I have known him.  I have seen much of the inventory of which he speaks, and for anyone so inclined, a road trip to Gardners, PA. would be time well spent. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse Plethora

Thanks Bob! 

I will sell on eBay, also the Wheelhorseplethora.com website. In March I plan to open up a small engine repair business again at my original location in Gardners. 

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words! 

If anyone can assist me in being added to the vendors list I would really appreciate it! 

• Like 2

ztnoo
50 minutes ago, Wheel Horse Plethora said:

If anyone can assist me in being added to the vendors list I would really appreciate it! 

Contact one of the site Admins on how to become a vendor.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Dave,    :text-welcomeconfetti:      :wh:         :text-welcomeconfetti:.       You came to the right spot, best of luck.

Glenn

953 nut

:WRS:       Several years back I did business with "Dave's" on :techie-ebay: and always was pleased with the parts and dealing with you. Sorry to hear about the embezzlement situation.

I am too far away to do a Saturday visit, but if you post items of interest I could pick them up in June. If you post groups of items in the months prior to the show I bet a lot of us could help liquidate some inventory.

ztnoo
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I am too far away to do a Saturday visit, but if you post items of interest I could pick them up in June.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Saturday DURING the show week. Not this Saturday.

• Confused 1

Jeff R.

Dave,

I am truly sorry for what you have had to endure with the embezzlement with your former employee. I have a couple of C-160's and a C-120 hydro that I can put together a parts list for.  I'll pm you to see what will work the best for you regarding the timing.  I am only about 2 hours from you.

regards,

Jeff

Wheelhorse427

Sorry to hear about the embezzlement Dave. I have bought several items from you before. It has been a pleasure doing business with you.

• Like 2

ztnoo
On 11/19/2017 at 7:49 PM, 953 nut said:

I am too far away to do a Saturday visit, but if you post items of interest I could pick them up in June.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Saturday DURING the show week. Not this Saturday.

Dave, maybe should clarify the discussion about when you are talking about being open.  umm.gif.7fb93ba933fd8e0e90f80de8f4e086b0.gif

Seems to be some befuddlement about your meaning and intent.

Just trying to be helpful........

• Confused 1

ACman

Could you open your doors say Thursday-Sunday during the show ? I’m sure there would be plenty of us :wh:Horse-A-Holics that could make the ten minute drive to see your plethora of parts.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  :text-goodpost:

:text-+1:  :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Plethora

Thanks for all the interest. I have decided that I am going to open the doors here at 4201 Carlisle Rd Gardners, Pa 17324 starting in December. They will be open Thursday - Saturday. Hours Thursday and Friday 9-5 Saturday 8-1. 

I have also decided to restart under a new company name  Red Barn Lawn and Snow will be the name on the sign out front. 

The Wheel Horse parts are mine personally and so they will remain a hobby and sold accordingly. Any interest in stopping by, feel free. Hope this helps. 

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

12 hp Kohler

I wish the best of luck with your new shop, hopefully I can get up there soon :wh:

ztnoo
10 hours ago, Wheel Horse Plethora said:

Any interest in stopping by, feel free. Hope this helps

A few pics posted here might stir additional interest.

Just a suggestion........

camera.gif.d6337188e7117098122274c7dd9ef8bd.gif

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Wheel Horse Plethora Sorry to hear about the embezzlement problems and I hope you are able  to bring legal action against the individual to recoup some or all of the funds. Hopefully things will improve.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Thanks for the update Dave. I'll never forget my first trip up to your shop back in 2010. Was supposed to meet Mike McGuire (mikesrj) there, but he had dog trouble. So I roamed around that "sea of red" for hours. After about four more trips over the next five months, I came home with a basket case C-120, B-80 and lots and lots of other stuff, and turned it into a "show queen" B-100 in time for the 2010 big show.

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred
On 11/21/2017 at 10:44 AM, Wheel Horse Plethora said:

Thanks for all the interest. I have decided that I am going to open the doors here at 4201 Carlisle Rd Gardners, Pa 17324 starting in December. They will be open Thursday - Saturday. Hours Thursday and Friday 9-5 Saturday 8-1. 

I have also decided to restart under a new company name  Red Barn Lawn and Snow will be the name on the sign out front. 

The Wheel Horse parts are mine personally and so they will remain a hobby and sold accordingly. Any interest in stopping by, feel free. Hope this helps. 

I'll Swing by, see what ya have, Big Red Fred is in the House :D

jackhammer

Yes Dave, I'm saddened  to hear about that misfortune. Try to do as others have suggested, with pics, inventory lists etc and I'm sure in the vendors section you will hear from guys. 

Rick

Westville il

Tractor boy

@Wheel Horse Plethora do you have manuels for berco or 42 inch dozer bade? I also have a 312-8  that I’ve been looking for a Manuel for.