formariz

Toro model#79361 snow blower

formariz

Can someone tell me if Toro model#79361 snow blower will work on a c-125? Looks like it will but want to be sure.

WVHillbilly520H

It'll fit but will you have enough power to run it, it was made for the 520H twin cylinder Onan, PO I bought mine from had it on a 314 then a 315 so there's something to think about too, Jeff.

formariz

Thank you. Found one looking almost brand new and I am contemplating getting it. I am not sure what they go for but this one certainly is not cheap. The C-125 will eventually get a  NOS 16HP Magnum, hopefully that will be enough.

WVHillbilly520H

I picked mine up for $200 but had to rebuild/repair it to look new, and new they were $1200+, also make sure you get ALL the hardware (frame bracket with belt guard/sway bar mount and sway bar and lift linkages, Jeff.

IMAG1593.jpg

IMAG1594.jpg

IMAG1683.jpg

EricF

As long as the belt guard bracket and combined anti-sway bumper assembly mounts up fine where it belongs near the PTO, you'll probably be fine with it on a C125. Just take it slow and easy. A 2-stage doesn't depend on ground speed at all to shove snow through; even with wet, heavy stuff -- just slow down and let the machine do the work. If it can suck it through the auger and impeller assembly, it will sling it. Torque helps a lot with 2-stages -- there's more mechanical action in the works to keep going, compared to a singe stage which just has to spin the auger... and a single-cylinder Kohler has plenty of torque.

formariz

Now for the final question. Is one that looks almost brand new, no rust and barely a scratch, in perfect working condition, with all parts and paperwork worth $800.00?

pfrederi
2 hours ago, formariz said:

Now for the final question. Is one that looks almost brand new, no rust and barely a scratch, in perfect working condition, with all parts and paperwork worth $800.00?

Interesting question.  Guess it boils down to how much snow you have to move and how far you have to throw it.  I have to clear several hundred feet of driveway.  It is windy where i am located and i don't have to move the snow too far.  A high throwing 2 stage would engulf me in a blizzard going in one direction.  (Don't tug on superman's cape don't pee into the wind:P).  My single stage cleared out last years blizzard (nearly 30 inches deep) just fine.  i do not need to spend that kind of money on a blower.  However it depends on what you need it for.

formariz
3 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Interesting question.  Guess it boils down to how much snow you have to move and how far you have to throw it.  I have to clear several hundred feet of driveway.  It is windy where i am located and i don't have to move the snow too far.  A high throwing 2 stage would engulf me in a blizzard going in one direction.  (Don't tug on superman's cape don't pee into the wind:P).  My single stage cleared out last years blizzard (nearly 30 inches deep) just fine.  i do not need to spend that kind of money on a blower.  However it depends on what you need it for.

Good points in this reply. However I see that I did not make myself clear on my question. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am not sure which sometimes, this is a case of too much money and not enough sense. This blower will just be another "toy". The question is if in the condition described $800.00 is a "normal" price for this unit, or if it is overpriced even considering it is in this area.

Edited by formariz

wallfish

$800 seems a little steep to me but they also don't show up for sale everyday. But then again, if you're just basically looking for a toy then you can afford to have patience, although it's tough to do when it comes to something you want.

It's been a while but I think I stole mine for about $400-450 from Stevebo.

BTW, I'll take some of that money and send you some sense! My wife seems to think she has plenty of it! :ychain:

WVHillbilly520H

Like I said above $1200+ when new, if in like new condition and you are willing then $800 with ALL the necessary linkage maybe not to bad, the big things to look for are the auger BUSHINGS they wear out non serviceable (replace only) and the factory wooden chain tension block now Toro replacement is nylon, the impeller to auger gear box seals shrink and leak requiring to keep a watch on fluid level, myself and others have upgraded the bushings to greasable cam lock bearings, and idler sprocket vs tension block, and a cab is almost a requirement when running a blower so you don't wear as much as you chuck, 1 final thought I had a tall chute single and it threw nearly a far but always clogged on D.O.T. plow banks at the end of the driveway but 2stage just keeps on chucking, Jeff.

wallfish
50 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

the impeller to auger gear box seals shrink and leak requiring to keep a watch on fluid level

I filled mine to the brim with Lubriplate 105 engine assembly grease. Because I had a couple tubes around for rebuilding little O&R engines. It stays in place much longer because it stiffens up in the cold but quickly liquefies once the gears start turning. Haven't had any issue in the gearbox at all and it's been in there 4 years. :twocents-02cents:

lubriplate-number-105-motor-assembly-grease-10-oz-tube-l00034-094.jpg

cod
11 hours ago, formariz said:

Good points in this reply. However I see that I did not make myself clear on my question. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am not sure which sometimes, this is a case of too much money and not enough sense. This blower will just be another "toy". The question is if in the condition described $800.00 is a "normal" price for this unit, or if it is overpriced even considering it is in this area.

Not sure that "toy" is the right word as it all comes down to what do you want.  From the size of the unit, I'd kid you and say you want a hernia but if you're really looking to hurl snow out of your driveway and all you need to do is hitch it up, go for it.  Sometimes I feel it all comes down to how much time do you want to spend doing something.  All of us have a tendency to buy just what we need as $$$ doesn't grow on trees.  A unit like this would might let you buzz though 3 inches of snow in 4 gear and get the driveway done in 10 minutes and it certainly will handle the occasional 1 to 2 feet.

Good luck - Cod

• Like 1