ebinmaine

Can somebody share a schematic for late 70s B or C Series?

BOB ELLISON

@jwalk2cc  I used all 12 gage wire on my C160 but as 953nut stated 14 gage is fine. The only heavy wire is the starter to solinoid  and the battery wires.i think those are 4 or 6 gage.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Heavier is always better  (i usually use 14ga every where on my horsesexcept batteries Starters) but watching the amp meter with switch on points closed not running only draws about 4-5 amps.  even 16 is more than enough for that.

• Like 3

Sarge

I do recommend using marine grade tinned wire on these things - far less chance of the copper rotting from being around moisture. Solder and shrink boot is always a good idea when building a new harness. I also add in a ground spider to the system to insure things like the voltage regulators, engine and other parts don't have to completely rely on their mounting points for a ground path - it always eventually leads to problems.

Sarge

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cslxt8
      By cslxt8
      So I started digging into a C-100 I acquired over the weekend and I have found two issues. One of which I am curious if anyone else has seen and the other I suspect the solenoid is toast.

I was not getting any power to the solenoid when turning over the key. Surprising enough both the clutch and PTO safety switches work (I wonder for how long), yet I was still not getting power at the solenoid. After working from the live hot wire on the solenoid I discovered the voltage was dropping from 12.5V to 3.4V across the Ammeter. After bypassing the Ammeter I got power to the ignition switch then to the solenoid when cranking. Just curious if anyone had seen something like this and where could I find a decent quality replacement, any suggestions?

Now that I got power to the solenoid, there was a loud click but the starter did not budge (I have not confirmed the starter is free not did I confirm power was passing through to the starter). However I observed that the power was continuing as if I was holding the key to the crank position. I am just curious if the solenoid is fried such that it is somehow sticking and jumping power? I checked the ignition switch and it is checking out fine as I would expect.

Thanks,
      C